Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 2002 expert, rear doors shut and lock fine, can't force open by hand without using handle. But when driving along the passenger side rear door opens by itself, luckily the other door prevents from opening completely. I read somewhere that the spring goes on the interior latch, which is possible as doesn't feel very 'springy'.

Does anyone know exactly what spring is needed to replace, looks like a torsion type but there's so many types online. And any advise on how easy it is to replace would be much appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate, had the same thing on my 2001 van. All i did was take the catch plate off, where it curves over where the latch catches it, hammer it out so its flat, no curve. Mine dont ping open anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, had the same thing on my 2001 van. All i did was take the catch plate off, where it curves over where the latch catches it, hammer it out so its flat, no curve. Mine dont ping open anymore.
Thanks I'll take a look, do you me the plates that are attached to the top and bottom of the van? As opposed to the door itself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the ones attached to the body, not the doors. Hard as hell to flatten though. But they are adjustable so when you refit them just move them to the right position to catch the door. I did the bottom one first & that cured the problem, but then did the top one too to give me piece of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts