Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My odometer light has stopped working and I've been told it's probably the bulb behind the dashboard. I've taken out the 2 screws above the instrument panel and the 3 screws around the heater vents but the dash won't come out as it seems to be held by something at the bottom right. Does anyone know why the dash won't come out?

This question has probably been answered before but I couldn't find any answers when I searched the forum.

Many thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You've probably sorted this by now, but an answer may help others.

To remove the instruments in order to replace bulbs:

Undo 3 screws and remove centre vents

Undo and remove two screws on underside of instrument shade (in front of clock/speedo)

Pull out driver's vent (no screws, just spring clips - straight back horizontally toward vehicle rear)

Reach in and under instrument binnacle liner until you feel a round plastic fitting roughtly aligned with the right edge of the steering column covers. (Upper and lower steering column shrouds may be removed if helpful).

Feed a LONG, thin torx screwdriver up from under the steering column and guide the tip with the hand inside the dash so the tip goes into the round plastic part. Wiggle about as required to locate the screw head and undo. Remove screw and conical plastic part.

Instrument binnacle liner can now be carefully eased out of place.

Instrument cluster is held in by 2 screws along bottom edge and one at the top.

Ease Instrument forward until two multiplugs can be accessed. Fully lift the clip on each and the plugs will unseat and can be pulled out.

Remove Instruments and replace bulbs as required.

In true Haynes Manual tradition.... refitting is the reverse of removal ! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts