·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all not been on here for ages.

i got a 2004 54 plate expert 1.9D and its drinking the diesel atm

i worked out that im doing 7.3 MPG

the way i worked it out was like this

my trip says ive done 463 miles and i put 63.36 lts of diesel in so i did the following

463/63=7.3

is that the right way to find out my MPG also is that about right or it is using too much diesel?

thanks

G

·
you've worked it out wrong. It's actually a touch over 32mpg, so you're fine if this is an overall daily-use figure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chopper1192 said:
you've worked it out wrong. It's actually a touch over 32mpg, so you're fine if this is an overall daily-use figure.

ah soz is that right getting 32mpg or not?

G

·
It depends on your driving style, age, service history and the use to which it is put, but 32mpg overall is within the realms of the acceptable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
chopper1192 said:
It depends on your driving style, age, service history and the use to which it is put, but 32mpg overall is within the realms of the acceptable.

I drive like a wedding car driver (advanced motorist) and use my expert for motorway long distance and local dog trips. Always amazed at the fuel economy but I have heard the HDI is much better on fuel that the 1.9. No experience myself of the 1.9 so cannot confirm if that true.

Al.

By the way, the formula used in this original post is calculating miles per litre which is why its so low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts