Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I have a 52 plate Expert 2.0 HDi. the mileometer is still working and recording the mileage covered but the display itself has gone out so it is not that beautiful orange colour. Also on the dash, the alternator light glows very faintly which i have been told is linked. The alternator is charging as I have 14 volts on the battery with the engine running.
Has anyone got any ideas why these problems have come about, a chap at a garage said that there is a diode that has packed up that has caused the mileometer to go out and that is linked in with the battery warning light.

Please help?

Regards,
Mike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you be referring to the voltage regulator in the Alternator?? If that is the fault, why would i not see an over voltage from the Alternator itself??

Thanks for your reply, look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
Mike.

G

·
There's one in the dash itself. The one on the alt is a regulator/rectifier. One of the techies will no doubt be able to give you Pugs proper name for the dash board one, although don't dismiss the posibility that you might just have a bulb blown.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Are you sure its not just the bulb.When you do take the cluster out be warned that there is a torx screw going vertical into the cluster as well as the normal securing screws

1 - 5 of 5 Posts