Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just purchased a 55 expert HDI in a private sale. I did have a really good look at it but the one thing I know I didn't check was the horn and I was almost home and found that it didn't work :eek: I've checked the fuse and thats fine. Feel free to slap me for being an idiot but at the same time helping me fix it would be nice :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for such a quick reply! I guess this is a common problem with peugeots then? Had vauxhall cars for years but this is my first van and I didn't fancy the problems that come with the vivaro's. Will give it a go tomorrow. How likely is the airbag to go off in my face? :angrypc: Are there any other "quirks" I need to know about with these vans? I'm really pleased with it overall, really smooth and quiet to drive and very comfy!:cool:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
if you disconnect the battery and leave it for around 15 mins, you wont have any probs :lol:

i dont know of any quirks, but all peugeots seem to have very similar problems, but all seem to be able to fix quite cheaply....especially if the guides are on here...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cck2k9 said:
if you disconnect the battery and leave it for around 15 mins, you wont have any probs :lol:

i dont know of any quirks, but all peugeots seem to have very similar problems, but all seem to be able to fix quite cheaply....especially if the guides are on here...
certainly cheaper than replacing a gearbox in a vivaro..... ;) I bought this to be a dog van, they're very popular for this purpose due to being a reasonable size and the fact that they apparrently tow well. I wasn't aware of any major issues with them, a few minor niggles I can live with. Off to get it ply lined and a roof vent fitted tomorrow, not sure when I'll get to fix the horn, I suppose if someone upsets me I will just have to stick my head out the window and shout :lol:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
yeah i heard gearboxes are a bit expensive, same on peugeots/citroens im afraid, especially if you have a HDi mode with a dual mass flywheels (very expensive to replace) if your unlucky for that to go....but can be converted to a stronger single mass...

i have to admit my horn sometimes fails, but i just bash the steering wheel till it does haha and when someone does it to me, i just blow them a kiss, see them get more angry haha

let us know how it goes mate.:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gearboxes on the vivaros regularly fail though, its a known problem with them amongst other things and its happened to a couple of friends recently. My local vauxhall garage told me their vans were rubbish so that doesn't instill confidence! :eek:

I don't have the code for the radio and as the van was overdue for a service I booked it in to peugeot for that and to fix the horn. Service was £169.99 all in which I thought wasn't too bad and the horn cost me £25. Only problem now is that a ball joint has gone on the front. It will have to be a garage job as I am not that handy, how much is it likely to cost me? Peugeot wanted £318 and it has to be ordered in, good job I was sitting down :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts