Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum, but am tearing my hair out with this problem, I live in southern France in the middle of nowhere and hence get a lot of work from locals with vehicle problems, so to the problem.
Expert HDI won't rev beyond 2k. It's actually a heap of s... but it belongs to my neighbour(a farmer) so you can imagine what it's like!
He asked me to remove and delete the EGR as it was causing problem especially for the MOT, aswell as which it smoked( blueish grey) and was very flat, very sluggish to rev but would drive fine. So I have done the following; removed aircleaner (filter was absolutely solid with mud and straw) removed intake pipe to turbo, (loads of oil in the pipe between the breather and the turbo, so removed the intercooler and all pipewok, flushed and dried everything. The EGR was actually loose and had been blowing for a while, so cleaned that then refitted it with a blanking plate, refitted all the pipework filter etc, new fuel filter and oil change. deleted the EGR and cleared all fault codes, started it but it won't rev past 2.2k max, I can disconnect the air mass sensor which makes no difference at all to how it runs.I thought initially it maybe the turbo not working but it should still rev more than 2.2k. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I tried removing the blanking plate from the EGR but no difference!!!! I've removed and delete dozens of EGRs on a many different vehicles without any problems. The only good thing is it's not smoking anything like before!!

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
You dont say what engine or even what age there are many possible engines and without knowing what engine its impossible to give accurate advice

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Ok pre facelift then check turbo is turning freely and if vacuum controlled check the vacuum levels are stable check all boost pipework for leaks you need some diagnostic info too not fault codes real live data if the EGR is faulty blanking wont cure the issues it needs a working EGR even if blanked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I now have another problem, the old engine had so many problems - low/no oil pressure, turbo knackered, etc, I have now changed the engine for a low mileage one out of a 406, absolutely identical, so used the wiring harness from the van, everything seems to work, dashboard wise, warning lights come on and go off as they should but it won't start, not even a cough! Any ideas greatly appreciated.Many thanks. Proren46

·
Registered
139 Posts
Haha this could be anything again as mentioned in your previous issue you will need this put on PLANET and read live data, you will need to go back over everything you have done and check it twice but believe it or not the most common thing with people who change Diesel engine is air in the fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts