Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - got a strange problem with my 2001 Y reg Expert. Its the 1997cc Hdi model and it whistles when accelerating from standstill thought the gears. It tails off eventually by about 4th but can be heard again when decelerating, and going back down the gears. Its also lost a fair bit of power through the gears, but can still be driven, just doesnt accelerate anywhere like it used to.

Someone mentioned either a turbo hose has popped off or split. Trouble is, i dont know which hose to look at, as i'm no mechanic, but i did lay underneath to see if there were any hoses that had popped loose, but there was nothing unusual. I wasnt sure if i was checking the right hoses though..

Any ideas appreciated

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got something to add, which have only found out this afternoon. I had a friend in the van, and he said , ' hang on to the gears a bit longer as you drive ' which i did, and the boost came in almost at the end of the rev range. It was a VERY noticable kick, as the van took off like it used to. Does this in every gear, and if i keep the van in 5th at 70 or over, it will be boosting when accelerating.
If i let it drop to say 60 in 5th, it will struggle - drop it down to 4th and hang on to revs, it will then boost just before its time to change up.

I dont normally drive to max revs in every gear so its reasonable not to have noticed this before.

Could this be a sticky wastegate ? Anyone know where the wastegate is and can it be reached ?

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More info - theres now a dash warning icon lit up permanently - its a picture of an engine, and in the hand book, it says maybe injector , emission or something,.

Could the hose problem cause this warning , or does it look more serious ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts