Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently had an e-expert converted to a campervan, changing both the double front bench seat and drivers seat to single swivel seats. Works well! However if you accidentally 'bounce' on the single passenger seat (when buckled) the middle seatbelt alarm comes on and starts chiming which is annoying since there is no way of turning it off (since there is now no middle seatbelt) until it times out. Does anyone know of any way to fix this? I suspect there's some button press combination that could disable the middle seat belt alarm (or all of them - not so ideal, although I do tend to notice if I'm not wearing a seatbelt or not!).

Alternatively I guess I could short the seatbelt switch for the middle seat if I knew which pins these were. I still have the double seat so can investigate...

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this. It can't be that complicated since Stellantis do sell single passenger seat versions... Or maybe I've just got a dodgy connection with my new single seat?

First picture shows just two warnings when you turn on the ignition (which go out when you buckle up), Second picture shows alarm after 'bounce'.
Mirror Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Light
Mirror Car Vehicle Light Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for the answers, I read through forums on here about Diagbox - I don't have it but that would seem a logical route... anyone in Edinburgh with Diagbox who might help?!! Seems to be a bit of nightmare installing the software assuming you get a correct copy!....

I'll have a look at the plug/wiring on the double bench seat and the single passenger but I think they both plugged into the same single socket.

I'll do a conductivity test when I plug in the seatbelt on the double bench that is now outside of the van - hopefully its just a switch connection in which case it should be clear which wires to short out on the single seat... I hope... point noted about airbags...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts