Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Expert 2.0HDi
Lots of mysterious short duration engine problems, then OK for a few days. Then throttle position sensor fault, replaced this, then non starter, no low pressure fuel pump, engine speed sensor fault, replaced this but still no start and odd random clicks from relays.
Unplugged ECU, found centre ( of 3) socket full of water. That was bad enough but three of the pins have rotted away and are now stuck in the socket instead of in the ECU. I guess I need to replace the ECU ( or can the pins be replaced?) but also need to fit a new socket Can I dismantle the socket to get the individual connectors out??
Can anyone point me in the direction of a pin-out cross reference between the single 88 pin connector ( as all the wiring diagrams show) and the three individual plugs so I can see what functions are missing.

I could always open the ECU, hard wire from inside some flying leads where required, bring them out thru a hole I drill in the ECU case and splice them into the cables. The ECU would then have to live in a plastic bag for the rest of its life!!
Help!!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
2002 Expert 2.0HDi
Lots of mysterious short duration engine problems, then OK for a few days. Then throttle position sensor fault, replaced this, then non starter, no low pressure fuel pump, engine speed sensor fault, replaced this but still no start and odd random clicks from relays.
Unplugged ECU, found centre ( of 3) socket full of water. That was bad enough but three of the pins have rotted away and are now stuck in the socket instead of in the ECU. I guess I need to replace the ECU ( or can the pins be replaced?) but also need to fit a new socket Can I dismantle the socket to get the individual connectors out??
Can anyone point me in the direction of a pin-out cross reference between the single 88 pin connector ( as all the wiring diagrams show) and the three individual plugs so I can see what functions are missing.

I could always open the ECU, hard wire from inside some flying leads where required, bring them out thru a hole I drill in the ECU case and splice them into the cables. The ECU would then have to live in a plastic bag for the rest of its life!!
Help!!!
if swapping ecu you need either a virgin ecu or ecu bsi and key set from same vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The van is running again. Took the ECU apart, soldered on some leads and put it back together. It was a bit twitchy at times but OK. Still looking for a pin out tie up between the three plug unit and the single plug:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts