Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a strange problem i cant find the answer too.

My 2006 (55) plate expert (E7 taxi) has a strange speedo problem, It stops working very randomly. The speedo and the milage stop working, this is also affecting as it is a taxi the automatic door lock and the meter (neither work when the speedo stop working.)

There is no reason why or when it will stop and for how long.

Also when the speedo stops I notice a slight drop in power (as if you turn the air con on ) as soon as the speedo comes back on the power is restored.

Peugeot have got no answers as they have not had this complaint as of yet.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help

hi there just found your post know its fairly long ago but my taxi has the same identical problem and the mechanics are trying to discover whats wrong meanwhile im losing work and money can you tell me what they discovered the issue was with yours and how they fixed it desperate for an answer and to get back to work, would relly appreciate a reply my email is [email protected]
many thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
E7 speedo

Try a new speed sensor in the gearbox
Hi, mine has stopped on my taxi as well. Where is it located on gearbox? Seen one on ebay. Speedo did slow speed a few months ago when cold but ok after day warmed up. This time I was doing a 130 mile run in the cold. Stopped for fuel and not been going since then. Weather not warmed up enough yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a strange problem i cant find the answer too.

My 2006 (55) plate expert (E7 taxi) has a strange speedo problem, It stops working very randomly. The speedo and the milage stop working, this is also affecting as it is a taxi the automatic door lock and the meter (neither work when the speedo stop working.)

There is no reason why or when it will stop and for how long.

Also when the speedo stops I notice a slight drop in power (as if you turn the air con on ) as soon as the speedo comes back on the power is restored.

Peugeot have got no answers as they have not had this complaint as of yet.

Any help would be great.

~What was the fault with this as im having the same issue....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was the speed sensor located at the back of the gearbox.
When I fitted a new one it worked great. But I know I have had a few friends that own the Expert and one had to change the clocks. But try the speed sensor first cheap fix (I think it was about £13 )
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.