Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 53 plate expert 2.0 hdi 85000 miles, it had a service about 6 months ago, fuel,air and oil filters changed, on Sunday I was driving on the motorway and noticed that the power was dropping off, at a steady throttle, then it would pick up again. At the next roundabout it cut out, but started again first time. Now when driving it feels like it is holding back, then it pulls away like there is nothing wrong, it still cuts out when slowing down, buts starts ok. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong. I have checked the air filter, its clean. I have taken it to a different petrol station and filled it up (thinking the diesel may have been contaminated). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
It's mounted on the head, in one of several different locations dependent on the exact engine code, though probably on the rear of the head on yours. It feeds a proportion of the exhaust gases back into the inlet so they get burned twice, and thus reduces emissions. The ammount it feeds back is dependent on speed and load, and a busted or clagged up EGR can cause hesitation and flat spots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
chopper1192 said:
It's mounted on the head, in one of several different locations dependent on the exact engine code, though probably on the rear of the head on yours. It feeds a proportion of the exhaust gases back into the inlet so they get burned twice, and thus reduces emissions. The ammount it feeds back is dependent on speed and load, and a busted or clagged up EGR can cause hesitation and flat spots.

Mine has 165000 miles on her and the EGR was ripped off long ago. the area where it used to reside is a black oily mess. But I have no trouble with the EGR

Which by the way means "Exhaust Gas Recycling" Valve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
expert hdi

Again many thanks for your replies, I still do not know what the egr looks like, would it be possible to show a photo of it. Thanks Peter.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
countorik said:
Again many thanks for your replies, I still do not know what the egr looks like, would it be possible to show a photo of it. Thanks Peter.
Don`t know if this will help but should give you an idea -

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/docpr/affiche.do?ref=G9F116J70A&refaff=G9F 1 16J70A

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/docpr/affiche.do?ref=U64F116J78A&refaff=U64F 1 16J78A

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/docpr/affiche.do?ref=U64F116J85F&refaff=U64F 1 16J85F

·
Registered
134 Posts
van

hi,,the easiest option is to simply pull of the egr valve vacuum pipe!!as i doubt it is stuck in mid position,so removing its vac means it stays closed.
toddy:)

G

·
toddy2 said:
hi,,the easiest option is to simply pull of the egr valve vacuum pipe!!as i doubt it is stuck in mid position,so removing its vac means it stays closed.
toddy:)
Assuming it's not clogged and blocked entirely. I saw one once that looked like a charcoal cylinder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts