Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a new to me 57 plate expert van which has been great. Yesterday it wouldn't start on the key.

All lights etc work when turning the key, but no cranking.

It will bump start and run no problem.

I have traced back to fuse 8 in panel under the bonnet which refers to 'starter control'. Replaced the fuse but blown again on turning the key.

I would appreciate any advice before having to take into main dealer.

Regards

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I had tried with 25 amp fuse but it was in fact a 20 amp that blew.

Have tried with a 25 amp and it didn't blow, but has clicked into economy mode, so would that make a difference?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its in economy mode everything else WONT work :)

Have you bumped it to get it out economy mode ?
Not yet, will have to give that a go tomorrow, as stuck between two cars and don't think the mrs will be too happy to push :D

When this happened on Sunday, I bumped it and it started up no problem, but then parked up and it wouldn't start again on the key, everything electrical worked until it went into economy mode. The no 8 fuse had blown, and replaced with a 20 amp as per manual and that went pop when turning key to cranking position. Tried with a 25amp but that hasn't gone pop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick update.

Bump started no problem, but wouldn't crank on the key.

New starter motor fitted today :mad: and a few quid lighter in the pocket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, starts no problem now, lets hope that's the end of it.
Don't think it is.

Starting ok, but took out for a drive today and it seems very sluggish. Having to rev a lot harder to get anywhere and no mid range pick up like it was.

Checked under the bonnet and there are a couple of loose small bore pipes over the top of the starter motor but not connected to anything. Back to the garage tomorrow :confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
that will b the vacum valves that run the turbo egr doser fap ect. they sit beside the starter the bracket bolts on with the starter bolts. should b handy sorted

1 - 20 of 23 Posts