Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am brand new to this site and I need some advice
My van is poorly and I need it back on the road ASAP
The problem is when I am slightly touching the clutch pedal there is a tremendous rumbling coming through it and I also can hear a knocking sound coming from the engine compartment , it is now off the road as I don't want to do further damage to it by driving it around
Does anyone known what the problem may be ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sounds like clutch release bearing has failed or dual mass flywheel is getting tired either way you are best to replace flywheel and clutch and its not cheap :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply reliable , I started the van up today and the rumbling had stopped and she was running fine it baffled me to be honest coz on Friday I thought she was going to blow up

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If it has gone away its most likely the flywheel they seem to last about 80k then get noisy we have had 3 replaced in our taxis so far 1 had only done 40k :)

It will soldier on like that but as it gets worse it affects the biting point and eventually you cant get gears :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah so it is drivable then for the time being ?
How much did it cost you to have your flywheel replaced ?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Assuming my diagnosis is correct then yes its driveable

First 2 were done under warranty last one we done ourselves parts were about £300 but its a whole days work to do !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I would be looking at about 7-8 hundred pounds then
Ouch!
Thanks for your help on this topic gave me something to think about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts