Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm just hoping that someone may have some experience here.

I lost both heater flaps earlier in the week and with it being so cold, I last night repaired the passenger side flap! Works so well, i'm extremely happy with the results, however...

1.) Yesterday before attempting any of the work, I was getting a handbrake warning sign pop up.. It keeps doing it regularly now.

After doing the flaps, I now have an Airbag issue! The MFD reads 'Airbag or pretensioner fault' , Diagbox reads 'Fault on passenger's airbag igniter, level 2' I didn't do much else as it was getting stupidly late.

I'm really lost as to what this could actually mean though

When repairing the flap, the only thing disconnected was the flap motor and the power to the fan blower (thick red and white cable on a white connector) this was disconnected to allow for extra clearance whilst I tackled the flap.

The glovebox did come out - Is there potentially something i've done or is it likely just a software error?

Would anyone recommend resetting the BSi ?

I've read that this could be a 'comms' issue and buying a replacement would be the resolution, but I think it's far to coincidental!

I hope this was easy to understand, Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello all

I'm just hoping that someone may have some experience here.

I lost both heater flaps earlier in the week and with it being so cold, I last night repaired the passenger side flap! Works so well, i'm extremely happy with the results, however...

1.) Yesterday before attempting any of the work, I was getting a handbrake warning sign pop up.. It keeps doing it regularly now.

After doing the flaps, I now have an Airbag issue! The MFD reads 'Airbag or pretensioner fault' , Diagbox reads 'Fault on passenger's airbag igniter, level 2' I didn't do much else as it was getting stupidly late.

I'm really lost as to what this could actually mean though

When repairing the flap, the only thing disconnected was the flap motor and the power to the fan blower (thick red and white cable on a white connector) this was disconnected to allow for extra clearance whilst I tackled the flap.

The glovebox did come out - Is there potentially something i've done or is it likely just a software error?

Would anyone recommend resetting the BSi ?

I've read that this could be a 'comms' issue and buying a replacement would be the resolution, but I think it's far to coincidental!

I hope this was easy to understand, Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers
Make sure the cables are reconnected properly may be a loose connection then try a bsi reset. failing that the faults will need to be cleared by using planet

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply commandosqk!

I followed your advice! In short, the issue was related to the passenger airbag above the dash being disconnected, Only slightly disconnected mind! Which i assume was caused when putting the glovebox back in, probably caught it because I know for a fact that, I did not intentionally disconnect that particular connector.

For anyone who is searching for answers for a similar issue, here is what I found it to be

error on MDF : Airbag or pretensioner fault

Error shown on PP2000 reads ' Fault on passenger's airbag igniter, level 2 '

I found that the cable slightly disconnected was located here:

To access, the glove box needs to be entirely removed.

:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
So probably one of the ABS sensors is dying out slowly and it sending wrong speed info to the BSI and thus car warns you that you are moving and that you need to release your parking brake.

It happened to me before, and also last week when it was -22C and after couple of hand brake warnings it popped with ABS/ESP faulty. As soon as temperature rise over -5 it stopped with the error. So I might check the PP2000 to see which one it was so I make sure that there are no issues with cables/jacks (and hope for the warmer weather :D )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts