Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought enthusiasts might share information on this site, it appears not. looking at the statistics, the amount of "read" compaired to "reply" shows its just people with nothing better to do than read about other peoples problems. j

·
11,835 Posts
Where to start? How about this:

1) You posted at 8.30 last night when many technical members like myself are offline. We're not paid to be here so don't expect us to sit in front of a screen 24 hours a day just to give you free advice.

2) Have you considered that the "views" might be from spambots rather than members? This is a very active and prominent site and gets "hit" daily.

3) Your question is very vague. The FAQ (point 6) explains about giving detail and I would have been happy to have logged into Peugeot's Servicebox to look up the information for you if I was given more detail.

4) Your question is very technical and probably out of the league of many Peugeot car owners, of which makes up most of our members, so if even any of them have read it, would you rather prefer that every single member replies with "sorry, can't help" just to satisfy you? You also need to consider that some members might not even click on the Van section of the forum.

I can't imagine anybody wanting to bother helping you now with your attitude.

Have a read of the FAQ, there's some important points that are very relevant, particularly this bit:

Remember, we've been here for years and there's no obligation to only sign up when you're having problems. The AA wouldn't entertain a discount instant membership request after you've broken down, we operate on the same principle.

You wouldn't get technical advice to the level we give for free from a garage, so with this in mind, please consider giving something back by helping us in the following ways:
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I agree with Gibbo.

A lot of members who don't have a great level of technical knowledge read posts with similar problems that they are experiencing in case there may be a reply that would help them resolve their own issues. With an attitude like yours you are Very likely to alienate the very people who could help you resolve your issue.

Pay me £60-£80 and hour and in return I'll give you the exact same attention as a garage would. How many garage would you have been able to get advice from at 8:30 pm? Impatience and complaining that no-one answered your question within five minutes will get you nowhere very fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts