Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. We bought a 2.0 petrol 2004 307 SW a few weeks ago and the exhaust sounds as though it is blowing, we thought it could have been the flange or something like that, that wasn't secure, so when we went to Kwik Fit to have new tyres we asked them to secure it for us. We also asked them to do a quick check to see if there were any holes where the exhaust could be blowing from, but they said everything looked fine.

We changed the spark plugs, pollen filter and air filter yesterday, and the other half will be giving it an oil change later too as well as any other things needing doing when a car is serviced. BUT the exhaust still sounds like it is blowing.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

C

·
0 Posts
My 407sw 2.0 hdi sounds the same every couple of weeks or so it sounds really loud and "boomy" then goes quiet again :confused: ( unless its all in my mind ) I have had it into Kwik Shift, National Lyers, etc etc no one could find a leak so thought it must just be how it sounds. It has just passed a smoke test at 1.6 something or other when asking the MOT chap if that was good he said yep as the new Diesels have to be below 1.4 or something like that can't remember exact figures but mine needed to be below 3 so anyway to get to the point if everybody says its fine then it must be fine. If your not happy maybe get the exhaust changed but as I say mine sounds quite loud at times but not at others :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it sounds beefy anyway, but to me it sounds like it's spluttering a little, like its blowing. Also when the car is idling it judders slightly. ... I just want to try and pin point the problem before heading out to get it checked over and replacing parts that don't need replacing.

Thanks for the replies :)

C

·
0 Posts
Hi Try This

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

Get a diagnostic done if its chugging etc there may be a fault somewhere then post up any error codes up here and someone will be able to advise

also have you considered blanking out the EGR?

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/egr-blanking-21525/

A Lot of us have done this and it seems to make the engine run smoother and improve mpg, I have mine blanked and it certainly helped no end the plate was also only about £3.00 off fleabay.

What fuel are you using? mine chugs and gets awful MPG with Morrisons Diesel but I saw a 2 - 3 MPG improvement by just switching to ASDA's Diesel

Lastly when was she last serviced filters etc as if it was a long time ago the performance of the engine will suffer.

Sorry for the long winded reply but my brain works in mysterious ways :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts