Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys -have a peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 2004 plate... anyone notice how the exhaust sounds very tinny, when driving past cars and obstacles with windows down...or is it just me and is supposed to be like that...?

My exhaust is not blown or damaged, no leaking or corrosion..when the car is in neutral and i rev the engine, there is no sound or indication that the exhaust is blowing or even sounds tinny, however once you put it into gear and drive off..you can hear the tinny sound as you go through the gears..ive driven other diesels , ie renault, vw polo they dont have this kind of "tinny" noise.....perhaps its just the way its suppose to sound..my car is A1 condition low miles, full service history...etc...55k on the clock..any ideas and thoughts...ta

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
bettyswollocks said:
Turn the volume up.:lol:
lol :D ...i c what you mean...so is that the noise from the engine or is it the exhaust or gearbox...?...i was convinced that the baffles were gone or something was loose causing the tinny rattling kind of noise....so why do they make this noise ?...ive driven my freinds megane 03 1.5dci...no noise, nor does the vw polo 1.9sdi 51 plate make any noise...one thing i noticed that there was no undertray under the engine...i think it may have been removed by the previous keeper when he serviced it and forgot to put it back..but doubt that will make any difference...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts