Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope someone will be able to advise me with this problem. My 09 reg 4007 with 83k on the clock has exhaust/oil fumes entering the saloon thru the heater vents when vehicle is stationary. Your expert advice on how to cure this would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks
Boltmaker

·
Registered
522 Posts
Leaking exhaust or oil leak on hot engine will allow fumes to enter via heater air intake. Either cure the leaks, first and best option, or set the heater controls to recirculate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
fumes in cabin

Hi BM,
I guess its the diesel? my 1.6 hdi 3008 had same.
I found 2 injectors were loose, tightened and no problems. (check by open bonnet when engine cold, lift off the cam cover- cover).
Start engine and look for traces of white smoke around the injectors where they fix into the head.
best of luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
fumes in cabin

Hi I also have a 4007 09 plate (45k mileage) and have the same problem. This is the second time I have this problem the 1st time it was repaired under warranty. It was in the garage yesterday for service and MOT they couldn't do the repair as they think its a turbo pipe clip that needs replacing which is a huge job to get access to approx £500 to repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts