Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out our facebook page on how I improved fuel consumption from 5.4lt/100km to 4.7lt/100km with proof , note same road but sometimes it shows 7km and sometimes 8km but this was second run with same figure but dark and I was not going to do a 3rd run to get 7km , actually drove 50meter further as my gate was open but normally I took photo before I open gate with engine shutdowned and ignition switched on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
? ? to improve fuel consumption and more power by just smoothing out the exhaust manifold and gasket as it's rough with restrictions and the less restrictions in the exhaust side the better , remember engines are mass produce and not many vehicle manufactures do extensive work on the castings even though Peugeot's castings are the best I have seen in 20+ years it can still be improved , no engine manufactured can say they run efficient and cannot be improved , the most fuel efficient engine still runs at 36% efficient and no engine yet can claim 100% fuel efficient . That's why .

C

·
0 Posts
It's not a restriction - its a source of turbulence on the scavenging side of the motor. You're right, but for the wrong reason.

Indeed, I suspect it's not the tidying up work that's made the improvement. It's more likely that when you refitted it you simply lined it up more precisely on the head, and thus removed a minor step between components, which would be a big-O cause of turbulence.

PS - that's an excellent Facebook group you have going there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I did polish the manifold that was ruf to smoothness and the exhaust manifold gasket was on 3 ports sticking out by 4 mm ,I fitted gasket to both and grinded it so gasket , exhaust manifold and heads ports aligned up to each other , smoothen out all the sharp edges ect. , it took 2 pain full days and I can still improve on that but my equipment had its limmet in working so long , time to invest in new ones now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts