Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have the dreaded knocking sound from my n/s front wheel sounds dire when going over rough patches of road clunking and knocking is this a ball joint if so can i sort it or is it a garage job?

Also the smelly cabin thing seems to be the possibility of being my injectors, i have looked under the plastic cover and i have at least 2 with black crap round them......any advice on sorting them would be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am not one to normally recommend quick fit but i have had these go and its fair to say their 'menu' pricing is a little out of date.

It took 3 of their guys 4 hours to get the old one off and total price including part was £67.00.

Not bad me thinks;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I didn't either but my local garage was more than happy and i was more than happy to pay that much.

Beware though as when you are there you will be told you need

1, a new exhaust

2, 4 x new tyres

3, a 'winter' service.

:nono:

J

·
0 Posts
Before you do, check for a HiQ in your area.

They are really cheap and very professional. If you wander in and ask for a voucher book (I got one) then wander out, and phone up n book your car in.

I got lots of vouchers and they're already cheaper than other places!! Varies branch to branch like. one branch said £45 for MOT and another just 5 miles away said £25 for MOT...

I'd deffo go there before Kwik Fit. I hate that company.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i had a bad experience with them over a dodgy exhaust fit, so reluctant to go there, but needs must and i can not for the life of me find a reliable trustworthy garage close to me in south birmingham

J

·
0 Posts
Have you not got a haynes manual? Deffo get one. I did

If you had a 307 id check for you. I can type up the procedure for a 307 if you think it will be similar or give you an idea?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JazzJPH said:
Have you not got a haynes manual? Deffo get one. I did

If you had a 307 id check for you. I can type up the procedure for a 307 if you think it will be similar or give you an idea?
I aint gotta haynes manual no, i hear you need torque wrenches and stuff?

·
5,027 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
407 ball joints are called frip joints and theyre totaly different to a 307.
Try looking it up on google that might help. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
J42OEY said:
407 ball joints are called frip joints and theyre totaly different to a 307.
Try looking it up on google that might help. :thumb:
This is getting confusing now , jazz you mentioned 307 but this thread is in the 407 section :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
I thought the mechanical assembly/components would be similar in a 407 as they are in a 307 and therefore offered to type up what the process is in mine. Didn't think they'd go and completely change the concept :(

My bad.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
JazzJPH said:
I thought the mechanical assembly/components would be similar in a 407 as they are in a 307 and therefore offered to type up what the process is in mine. Didn't think they'd go and completely change the concept :(

My bad.
Like chalk and cheese my friend :thumb:

307 Ball joint
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-307-LOWER-BOTTOM-BALL-JOINT-BRAND-NEW-X1-/280604934170?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41555b801a#ht_500wt_922

407 Ball joint
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-407-FRONT-SUSPENSION-LOWER-BALL-JOINT-BOLTS-/320647471804?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa81422bc#ht_856wt_905

1 - 20 of 32 Posts