Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im after a sportyer exhaust for my 307 1.4hdi. ive been looking around and i cant find a direct fit one to buy from anywhere. i was going to ask power flow near me but will probably be a fortune. i just wonted to know what anyone else has done. do i go with a universal or go get one properly.

thanks

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Get one that's designed for the car and engine. While it may not seem like a piece of engineering, exhausts are designed for the engine. Getting one with different gas flow properties could adversely affect the running of the engine

·
11,706 Posts
The 307 isn't really a sporty car, neither is it's 1.4 engine. Chavving it up will just make people laugh at you. Go with standard. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im all about NOT chavving a car up. :D just want it to look tidy and sound a little better :) power flow gave me a rough quote of 130+ for a back box.

D

·
0 Posts
It'll sound like its sick. Its diesel so there won't be much grunt off it.

C

·
0 Posts
If you are just trying to make it look better why don't you just get a tailpipe trim? there are some really naff ones out there

Prodriver Bad Boy CHROME EXHAUST TRIM TAIL PIPE fits most cars straight exhaust | eBay

but if you are prepared to pay out

BMW Genuine Exhaust Tailpipe Tip Cover Trim Chrome E85 Z4 2.0i 82120405099 | eBay

you can get a nice good quality item ebay has 100's you could go a bit different with this one but I'm not sure :confused:

METALLIC PINK LOVE HEART SHAPED EXHAUST TAIL PIPE TRIM TIP ADJUSTABLE CLAMP FIT | eBay

·
Registered
240 Posts
i had a remus back box on my old 405 turbo diesel ,
but it had an old technology injector pump ie no ecu gubbins to upset!
the exhaust only cost £40 off ebay,it would have cost a couple of hundred originally perhaps(swiss made i think?) ,but was a ex shop display item ,so brand new of course, bar a little dust lol,
it seemed to make the engine a little more able to breathe at upper rpm ,and not particulary noisy you couldn't hear it from inside at all...obviously well designed for its purpose-oh and twin pipe outlets
neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts