Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening folks, I just purchased a Peugeot 308 Allure 2016 model, the heater fan is making excessive noise, only can be used at the lowest level, the noise can be heard outside the car so this would show how loud it is. Is the motor easily accessible? Would it be possible something fell into the motor? Thank you all.

·
8,440 Posts
I would think like most models you can often remove the glove box and get access to lower motor.

What condition is the pollen filter in or is it missing as this should stop anything falling in to the fan assembly.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a mouse go after the seeds and stuff stuck in the pollen filter, chew its way through then into the car and started on the upholstery. It was still in the car when I started it the next day and I saw it run and try to head back out of the car the way it got in but this time the fan was running - didn't make it and made a hell of a racket. 😂 Had to take the fan out and remove the mouse. I have learned to give the pollen filter a good blow out with compressed air now and again and make sure the fresh air flap is closed when I park at home.

Like windy said, the fans are usually pretty easy to remove - easier in my 406 than my Toyota 4Runner!

Reactions: perjoe317

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
As its a 308 T9 don't forget its pollen filters - there's 2.

Remove the first 1 & the 2nd should drop down in the slot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As its a 308 T9 don't forget its pollen filters - there's 2.

Remove the first 1 & the 2nd should drop down in the slot.
Thank you all folks for your input, I took out the pollen filters and greeted with a lot of small leaves and a few stone chippings so how they got in I do not know, the pollen filters are in a bad state, the car is just 5 years old, the fan is still loud I still have the pollen filters out, possibly the damage is done already, is there anything else that could be checked?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yank the fan motor and hamster cage, check it for damage. Usually easy to get to but...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yank the fan motor and hamster cage, check it for damage. Usually easy to get to but...
Does the dashboard need to be removed on the 308 to access the motor? I have removed all debris from the pollen filter holder. Are the 308 prone to allowing debris to enter the pollen filter area?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would think like most models you can often remove the glove box and get access to lower motor.

What condition is the pollen filter in or is it missing as this should stop anything falling in to the fan assembly.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
The pollen filters were full of debris, does the dashboard need to be removed on the 308 to access the motor? I have removed all debris from the pollen filter holder. Are the 308 prone to allowing debris to enter the pollen filter area?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had this issue on mine. 2015 Allure. Pollen filters were in a bad way but removing/replacing them didn't fix the noise. A garage seemed to think the vent channels behind the dash were broken and the air was just blowing around in the dash instead of being directed out through the vents hence the noise. My car has been in an accident early in its life and I think the dash was replaced very poorly (or with the wrong dashboard - lots of ex-police 308 parts are used - cheaper dash with no climate control).

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have no experience with 308s so I'm just throwing my 2 cents in.
By the looks of the diagramme I have attached it looks like the blower fan might be a bit of a pain to remove but you might be able to access the cage from outside with the pollen filters removed. You might be able to reach in there and see if there is junk in the hamster cage. You might be able to get a vacuum hose in there and suck junk out. With the amount of junk you said was in the pollen filters I wouldn't be surprised if the cage has stuff in it too. It won't take much - a stiff leaf stuck in the cage when it is moving at speed can make a hell of a racket.
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 8.39.25 PM.png

1 - 10 of 10 Posts