Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 1.2 VTI Allure.

We had the clutch replaced last year at believe it or not 28k miles, so yes the clutch started slipping so had it replaced with a LUK clutch kit. I'm not sure what caused the premature wearing out and I know my partner does not ride the clutch or use it incorrectly. All I know is she purchased the car from the dealership with about 4k miles on it from new so possibly the first owner had some problems driving...

Anyway since the clutch has been done the car has never pulled away smoothly like it used to, there seems to be a lot of shake, engine movement or juddering so to say just on pull away. Once driving on the go normal gear changing is fine, though first to second is not very pleasant if you need to get a move on at busy junctions very clunky so to speak.

I'm certain there is an issue in the driveline or could it be the engine/transmission mountings?... We also had the long exhaust centre section which was only a year or two fail on us shortly after the clutch was done on the front flexi.

I got a brand new centre section and fitted it myself but over time the excessive juddering of the clutch is taking its toll on the new centre section and its just started blowing again!

I was wondering if anyone has had any similar issues with the 1.2 VTI allure. Lastly the biting point has always been very high since the new clutch is that normal?

Regards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the rear engine mount for £12.40. The mount is slightly different in design identical to the one shown on the site link, a bit more bulk and more rubber to it. The original mount I had was slightly cracked and had a bit of play in it. The new mount is better and I feel an improvement over the original and I would advise on doing it as it's so easy to replace. I also noticed the design of the rear lower engine mount has changed/revised when I came across a 2018 208 being broken for parts.

As for the engine judder it's still there and now I have a new problem, the passenger side gearbox/drive shaft seal has begun to fail. Done an oil/filter change, replaced front exhaust clamp, engine mount and now another thing to do lol!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exactly th8s has happened to me. Have you ever been able to fix the problem? So sick of spending money on this issue

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Renewing the rear mount is helpful as it takes a beating. As to what causes the movement it's unknown. Problem happened when the clutch was replaced by a garage so I think the problem is possibly something incorrectly refitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exactly this happened to me. My cars wheels even shake now as i pull away which is very unsettling. I am so frustrated 😤

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would suggest checking all engine mounts and then go through all driveline components.

Keep an eye on the inner driveshaft seals because we had our left side fail on us last month. My Corolla T-Sport is nearly 20 years old and drives a heck of a lot better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would suggest checking all engine mounts and then go through all driveline components.

Keep an eye on the inner driveshaft seals because we had our left side fail on us last month. My Corolla T-Sport is nearly 20 years old and drives a heck of a lot better.
Thank you. I suspect a clutch problem though. The car drove perfect for one week after the replacement. Now its at the point i want to sell this car asap. Such a pity

1 - 7 of 7 Posts