Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got access to an oem price for a hydraulic tappet for an ew10j4 please? It's about time that I changed them, but don't really want to use aftermarket parts if feasible.

Cheers,

Mark.

D

·
0 Posts
Whats up with them?
Did the engine run low on oil and now they're tappety??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats up with them?
Did the engine run low on oil and now they're tappety??
Nah, it's a common fault on the early 2.0L EW10J4, there was a manufacturing fault with the tappets and there is a revised part no which superseded the original. I've been running the engine on good quality 0w/40 fully synthetic oil for years, as its nice and thin from cold, and helps to get oil into the tappets. After 94k, I notice that if I leave the car for a few days without use, the tappets are consistently get stuck until warm now, so I figure its about time I changed them.

Cheers,

Mark.

D

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. That engine is rattly especially when it goes low on oil a few times.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't worry too much about it. That engine is rattly especially when it goes low on oil a few times.
Its not really rattles that are the issue, its incorrect valve clearances, and the tappets are now at the point where they affect the performance and starting from cold if left for a few days, and I don't really want it to deteriorate to the point where it affects the reliability as a daily driver.

Cheers,

Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts