Peugeot Forums banner

ew10 engine swap advice

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  markdip2004 
#1 ·
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice for an engine swap i want to do this summer. I have a 2005 206 with a 1.4 just sitting here which i'd like to turn into a weekend track car, the 170hp ew10 engine and gearbox are widely available and quite cheap though most seem to come from the c4. Can i just buy the engine and gearbox mounts for the 180gti to fit this engine in? or was the frame and body different on the 180gti's? and is there any difference between the citroen and peugeot variants of the engine and gearbox? i'll be running it on a megasquirt or speeduino maybe a haltech if i can get one at the right price so will just use the loom from the donor engine.
My fabrication and welding skills are not great, i'll be fine welding a roll cage and basic stuff like that but i dont think my skills would be good enough for mounts so looking for as many off the shelf parts i can get.

#2 ·
I'm a bit new to all these car things eventhough my father is a mechanic and taught me a lot of things about cars so bare with me :D
I was thinking about buying some old car (as a project car) and focusing on the exterior first. I have a few cars in mind that i'd like to buy and they look well with the planned mods.
But making your car faster is a thing too. So i thought about tuning them a bit and how to make their performance go up. Looking up guide on how to install a turbocharger and all that.... really basic i know. Anyways a friend of mine just said "Why snaptube vidmate not just engine swap?" And i'm all like, how and what engine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.