Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having so many issues with my car I'm at my whits end. It's a bit of a long story so please bear with me.
I purchased it from a dealership in June 2019. It was 3 years old (2016 reg) and had done 25,000 miles. They sold it to me having done a full service. In August I had to have the timing belt replaced.
In February of this year the engine warning light came on so I took it for diagnostics and it turned out they had put the wrong oil into it before selling it to me. It needed a new engine which luckily was covered by warranty. I've had my car back for just over a month, driven less than 100 miles, and have started having issues again.
The engine temperature fault came up telling me to stop the car 5 minutes into driving. Engine temp gauge was showing over 90 degrees. I checked for leaks, checked the oil, and noticed the engine wasn't hot at all. Driving home the engine temp gauge didn't move above 50 degrees. The fan was still coming on so I figured it must just need the temp sensor replacing.
Today (4 days later) the same warning comes up, along with 'engine fault stop the vehicle'. I turned the ignition on an hour later and it shows 'engine fault, have the vehicle repaired' and 'electrical circuit system have the vehicle repaired'. Then it showed 'battery charging fault, stop the vehicle'. Tried again another hour later and now it's just showing 'engine fault have vehicle repaired'.
Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? It's a 4 year old car, brand new engine, done 31,000 miles, clear MOT. Only thing I can think is the absolute clowns at the dealership have messed something up when fitting the new engine.

·
3,475 Posts
Yep...I would get the 'dealer' to recover it rather than drive if they will?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yep...I would get the 'dealer' to recover it rather than drive if they will?
They won't, they're absolutely useless. I would have to get it recovered into them myself. They're a national dealer with locations all over the country 😠 It's in for servicing at a different dealership tomorrow so hopefully they can let me know what's wrong with it, just wanted to see if I could get some guess so I can prepare myself for being told it's ruined again

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
See what the dealer says tomorrow - you may end up contacting Peugeot UK to complain about the incompetence of the first dealer & asking them to investigate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See what the dealer says tomorrow - you may end up contacting Peugeot UK to complain about the incompetence of the first dealer & asking them to investigate.
Already tried that, it's how I managed not to pay a penny for anything. They had my car for 8 weeks, paying £300 a week for a hire car for me and it still took them that long. They just don't care

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I know how incompetent certain main dealers can be.
Normally the manufacturers customer service department can sort serious issues out for a customer when a dealership cant.

Main dealers normally hate customer services getting involved.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yes Mr Lee if Peugeot involved dealer jumps. Within 15 minutes of my contacting Peugeot Service Manger at local dealer was on the phone to get me sorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts