Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2015 2.2 GT . Its the facelift version with LED lights. I am going to France next month and wondered if the beam deflectors work or are needed on these lights. ?

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Assuming they are similar to the LED headlights on my 308, on dip beam thy don't kick up on the left as the older halogen lights did, so there should be no need to modify them for continental use.
I drove mine over there shortly after getting it and had no problems, though I did actually manually drop the beam of the nearside light to make sure it didn't dazzle in France. There is an adjuster on the top.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same car late 14 (508 2.2 GT) and from the hand book
Travelling abroad
The design of the dipped beam
headlamps allows, without modification,
driving in a country that drives on the
other side of the road to the country in
which your vehicle was sold.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
They must have actually thought about what they put in your handbook, mine says take it to a dealer for adjustment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I assume your car has a dial inside that make beams go down. Usually its inside the coin holder next to steering wheel on right side. Make sure that you make it goes down else they are keen to fine. Deflector is for older cars that dont have the feature to lower the beam.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I assume your car has a dial inside that make beams go down. Usually its inside the coin holder next to steering wheel on right side. Make sure that you make it goes down else they are keen to fine. Deflector is for older cars that dont have the feature to lower the beam.
LED lights are self levelling, so don't have the interior beam height adjuster.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi - I've just come back from France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenija and Croatia. Police didn't bat an eyelid, no one flashed me, in fact the only reason anyone looked was because I have a personal plate. I wish I had a fiver for each person who walked round the back of the car to look at the reg plate for country ID.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi - I've just come back from France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenija and Croatia. Police didn't bat an eyelid, no one flashed me, in fact the only reason anyone looked was because I have a personal plate. I wish I had a fiver for each person who walked round the back of the car to look at the reg plate for country ID.
How do you like Slovenia? :thumb:

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's a lovely place, particularly Bohinj Jezera. We've been driving through Slovenija since 1979, every year, and we have seen some changes. I can remember when you had to drive over the Wurzenpass :eek: , there was no autoput and the main road went through the middle of Jesenice.

At the moment there is some political issue with Croatia and the Slovenijan police are checking all passports at the border, in and out. Glad we don't go through on a Saturday - full of emmets going down to Istra, Makarska etc

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's a lovely place, particularly Bohinj Jezera. We've been driving through Slovenija since 1979, every year, and we have seen some changes. I can remember when you had to drive over the Wurzenpass :eek: , there was no autoput and the main road went through the middle of Jesenice.

At the moment there is some political issue with Croatia and the Slovenijan police are checking all passports at the border, in and out. Glad we don't go through on a Saturday - full of emmets going down to Istra, Makarska etc
It's EU issue... if you go to Croatia go on Vinica border crossing ;)

Reactions: 508GT180
1 - 15 of 15 Posts