Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Having just got lost in Reading because the sat nav wanted me to turn left into a road which had clearly been blocked off some years before, I do wonder just how much updating is ever done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Naive member here, does this apply to a late-2018 308 with the new infotainment? Not sure what model number applies to me. Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, yours is the newer Tom Tom NAC unit which was fitted from 2017 on. You should be getting free updates though. See your dealer although I have no idea how often or when these are available.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Naive member here, does this apply to a late-2018 308 with the new infotainment? Not sure what model number applies to me. Cheers :thumb:
Version 14 maps are the latest for the NAC unit your 308 will have.

About 9.7 Gb for Europe & easy to install via a USB stick.

DON'T update the firmware as there is a known bug in the current one - the firmware below is stable.

System.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Version 14 maps are the latest for the NAC unit your 308 will have.

About 9.7 Gb for Europe & easy to install via a USB stick.

DON'T update the firmware as there is a known bug in the current one - the firmware below is stable.

View attachment 84252
Could you kindly provide fuller details of both the verison and nature of the known bug.

FYI, here's the full list of current NAC firmware/map releases, gleaned from https://www.gpspower.net/peugeot-citroen/343564-connect-nav-8.html...

Connect Nav (NAC) V1 > Firmware: 7.3.1-r1 > Europe Maps: PSA_map-eur_16.0.0-NAC_EUR_WAVE1
Connect Nav (NAC) V2 > Firmware: 5.15.45.32-r0 > Europe Maps: PSA_map-eur_14.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2
Connect Nav (NAC) V2.1 > Firmware: 21-07-67-32-r0 > Europe Maps: PSA_map-eur_14.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2
Connect Nav (NAC) V3 > Firmware: 31-09-46-62-r0 > Europe Maps: PSA_map-eur_9.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE3

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I ask all the NAC users and information gatherers whether they think that it might be a good idea to have a sticky thread similar to the one that the SMEG+ system has?

It would need people who can post links and information such as the above. Any takers?

·
6,247 Posts
Updated my RT6 with the new maps. I have found a bug in the mapping today heading to Birmingham J19 on M1 sat nav says to stay in right lane and then at about 150-200M before the junction is suddenly changes its mind and says bare left and take the junction

·
Registered
110 Posts
Strange...

I'm also on latest maps, but haven't really tested it yet.
Still, on previous version, I was going to a place with nav on, and since for the 1st half of the trip I knew the road, I noticed nav was constantly telling me to take left lane and to turn left - yet visually on the map, the road I was on was going straight ahead and blue line marking my trip was following the road perfectly.

So I was on the road, map showed the road as it was, marked my path on that road and my position via sat was right. Everything was right - just that AI was trying to have me turn left for some reason.

Seems like the thing you're describing, but I was on earlier maps version.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have the latest maps supplied by Peugeot.

Used it for guidance for the first time last week. On joining a motorway I was told "at the fork, keep right".
I was also told to turn left into a road which had clearly been blocked off several years ago.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I found a few odd things with the Nav, I often use J18 on the M4 (A46 Bath) and as you approach the junction heading north on the A46 you see that it thinks you are driving on the right as the exits and entrances marked on the centre display (GT only?) show as if you in LHD car. I thought I was seeing things when I first saw it....lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can I ask all the NAC users and information gatherers whether they think that it might be a good idea to have a sticky thread similar to the one that the SMEG+ system has?

It would need people who can post links and information such as the above. Any takers?
The nature of the infrequent release of software and map updates, means that there will be occasional flurries of activity, after which a non-sticky thread (and all the attendant information) would disappear from the top of the thread lists. I believe that addressing this by establishing a sticky thread makes excellent sense.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK Ken, You've done some posts on that already on the previous page but the link you gave needs one to log in to then get the real download link. Could you post that, for instance?

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK Ken, You've done some posts on that already on the previous page but the link you gave needs one to log in to then get the real download link. Could you post that, for instance?
I’d expect that any link I provided would still require any other individual to have an active account, on that site, in order to access the actual download content. I’d suggest that people wanting to download any such files from that site would have to register, as I did.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would assume that the map downloads are the PSA sever ones. Can you confirm that Ken? If so they could be posted here as they are the official ones.

But speaking generally, my feeling is that directing people to another forum at which they have to register kind of defeats the purpose having a thread here with all the information you're needing one place. That's my opinion, obviously, so maybe others differ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would expect these to be the official PSA links on the PSA web sites, but it made people aware of ALL the various versions.

I referred to the other forum, as a matter of courtesy, as well as providing verification of the source. I would expect that those running this forum would expect the same courtesy, had I been posting in the other forum, making reference to content that I had found here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts