Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO
has any body had the same problem has i am having at the moment with my 407 , 2 lt hdi.
when i go to start my car ,i let it go through its checks and is saying OK at the end of it .
but as soon has i set off the esp and abs warning lights come on ? this dose not always happen but if i stop the car car and start again . they stay off ?
can any one help me with this ?
many thanks Bazzer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
esp and abs

please excuse

there was no fault codes coming up , only the warning lights for esp and abs

.and no i have not had it on planet .

J

·
0 Posts
Might not be ABS sensor, could be a brake light switch - I've had it go, and brings up the ABS and ESP warnings.
Try switching on cruise control when its on, and see if you get a Speed Control fault too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wont a generic reader find which wheel the fault is on as thats how my mech sorted mine?
to piggy-back this thread - I'm having the same problem on a 307. Generic reader has flagged the o/s/r sensor. When you say your mechanic sorted it, did he simply clean up the sensor? If you could say what was done it will make it that much easier to sort this one out on mine, cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
esp and abs

many thanks for replies !!!

is it possible to get my problem checked and sorted by getting it checked on a planet 2000 ?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
many thanks for replies !!!

is it possible to get my problem checked and sorted by getting it checked on a planet 2000 ?
Planet should throw up where the fault is coming from , if its a sensor then on a 307 i would clean first but on a 407 it needs sensor replaced.

·
Registered
682 Posts
to piggy-back this thread - I'm having the same problem on a 307. Generic reader has flagged the o/s/r sensor. When you say your mechanic sorted it, did he simply clean up the sensor? If you could say what was done it will make it that much easier to sort this one out on mine, cheers
No mine was replaced

·
Registered
11 Posts
jmkent '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might not be ABS sensor, could be a brake light switch - I've had it go, and brings up the ABS and ESP warnings.
Try switching on cruise control when its on, and see if you get a Speed Control fault too. '

Can you explain where to look for this.. I've had the ESP light come on a few times this weekend and always came on after a sharp break, also had the cruise faulty error popup earlier in the week and again only happened when I stopped in parking space.

thanks

C

·
0 Posts
number 6 in picture access through passenger side footwell

This switch is really easy to fit.

(this is for a 407 Coupe but I think it will be the same for other models).

Pop your insection lamp into the passenger footwell.

Undo the two fasteners holding the carpet style section under the glovebox by turning them 90 Degrees. This part now just drops down.

Look up behind the glovebox, it's around 250 mm up and you will see the switch.

Remove the connector.

Twist the switch 90 degrees anticlockwise and it pulls out.

Get your old switch and the new switch side by side and push the new switch actuating peg towards the switch until it's the same length as the old switch. Note that is will click while you are doing this.

Fitting is the reverse of removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Seeing that this is latest thread regarding the ABS/ESP problem i think ill just post here instead of creating new thread.

I've started recieving the same error, sometimes soon as i turn on the engine and sometimes after driving few miles.

Only thing that happened before error popped up was that my driveshaft was changed, so i figured, they knackered the sensor on that side?

I took of my tyre and the alan bolt holding the sensor, but it wouldnt budge, is there anything im missing that needs to be taken off before i can take out the sensor to try atleast and clean it.

Cheers

J

·
0 Posts
I have heard they are particularly troublesome to remove from the front - get 'welded' in by the heat/dirt I think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts