Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys just bought a 307 sw estate 2.0 litre and noticed its started to handle really badly....very lose the wheel seems to rock back and forth and the esp light flashes when cornering..... any ideas what the problem could be?

·
Registered
168 Posts
At a guess it could be drop links anti roll bushes track rod ends shocks corroded sensor , get a bar and start to prise stuff in the suspension area,don't force too hard!! You may see a bit of moment in something , check your springs also - touchpad have snapped one and not noticed as may have just lost a piece and re seated,happened on my old mondeo!!- didn't notice though until it dropped on the wheel, luckily I was just backing off my drive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol i got it the first time. Thanks alot for the info.... ive got a bar so will do some checks tomorrow!

·
5,863 Posts
How good are the tyres and how hard are you driving it, wheel spin will trigger ESP and give light steering feel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only taking it steady as it just doesnt feel right. The wheels did spin slightly on the corner Which was surprising as was only going slow

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club :thumb:

Has this suddenly happened or has it been a gradual thing?

There are many things that can make the steering feel vague, but as I am not a mechanic in any way, I would suggest going to a local tyre fitters and ask if they can put the car on a ramp for you and check the steering rack bolts and the subframe bolts for tightness.

If these are okay, then the car is probably safe and the issue will be something trivial like bushes etc.

P.s. spellchecker is a load of old shut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happened on the way home after buying lol good start ay...... but the engine and gearbox seem great and only done £80,000 miles on an 2002 plate so hopefully this will be a quick fix and should have loads of life in the old girl.

G

·
0 Posts
Okay, as its a new car ( to you anyway.. ) then having the bolts checked will give you peace of mind.

The ESP light can be triggered by the fact the tracking may simply be out, if you add your location to your details on the left, maybe someone local to you can do a quick diagnostic on it to see what the fault is.

80,000 miles, the car is just a baby...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts