Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DW10ATED BE4 2.0 Hatch 110bhp

I've been trawling through Servicebox and noticed that my car ought to have ESP, although I was never aware of this.... :rolleyes: The last time I noticed anything ESP-wise on Peugeot Planet, it was set to inactive.

Looking deeper into Servicebox and there's an on/off switch, but it's not immediately obvious where this is located - I'm reckoning it's around the steering column?

·
5,669 Posts
My esp/tc switch in dash to the right of hazard switch. I think it was deleted on later models if esp light comes up on dash on switch on it should have it.

Check abs settings in planet as it integrated into abs.

Also worth a check in vehicle data on service box to confirm if fitted

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK, I've got the ESP module under the handbrake, and the socket underneath next to the hazard lights.

So I decided to be nosey and checked the other blanked of switches. The one closest the nearside has a component lead attached - any ideas what this would be for? I'm guessing it'd be for an alarm or something similar?

It's interesting, because having read through the link posted above, the early Rapier model (which mine is) is widely believed to not have ESP, whereas mine should. Servicebox said it does, the gubbins is there, I'm going to get a switch and see if that opens up the on/off ability.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
ESP is part of the ABS system and to be totally honest if your car has it which your readout suggests then it has it not sure why you would want to switch it off :)

If it has ESP it says so on side label of pump unit.

·
5,669 Posts
I have only ever used the button once as it disables traction control as well.

I was stuck on a very icy hill and whenever i tried to pull away wheel spin kicked in TC which killed the revs and prevented me getting enough forward momentum to get moving. With TC off i got wheel spin but enough revs to still get the car moving

1 - 8 of 8 Posts