Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started my 1.6hdi this morning it threw up an esp fault light, it didn't worry me too much so I continued to work.

When I've gone to leave work I'm not getting any boost, it did actually kick in for about a mile or so, but then nothing again.

I've had a look and the orange joiner was in piece's, so I've pulled it out and managed to clamp the air feed in without it for now, but still no boost?!?

I'm hoping it hasn't swallowed any of the rubber

Is there a way these faults are connected??

Hopefully I'll manage to get it plugged in tomorrow.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Sometimes a fault code does affect the boost when I started my golf after a cam belt change I could tell there was no turbo as it’s pretty noisy

Once deleting codes all was well

If parts are missing I’d definitely check the turbo for play it’s right there to check where the pipe connects

If nothing has been injested and you replace the seal reset codes fingers crossed all be well

On the 307 there was some codes that threw the esp mainly todo with vacuum issues when it wasn’t anything to do with esp I have never seen this on a 308 though but it’s a possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get it plugged in tomorrow, I don't think it is a dead turbo because it did start boosting for a mile or so.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Fingers crossed then if not use a small screwdriver and rock the middle of the shaft see for play you can normally see damage to the fins anyway where they have been catching the sides

Might as well check while you there if fins are perfect I wouldn’t mess as without oil pressure there is some play normally

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boost decided to kick in for a bit again this morning.

I've had the codes read,
I've got a U1208 for the esp
And a P1351 for the engine, which seems to be a glow plug fault, and probably not related?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fingers crossed then if not use a small screwdriver and rock the middle of the shaft see for play you can normally see damage to the fins anyway where they have been catching the sides

Might as well check while you there if fins are perfect I wouldn’t mess as without oil pressure there is some play normally

After a Google, it seems you had the same fault before, do you remember how you sorted it??

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
What fault? And glow plug won’t be related

The older engine design for that pipe is rubbish I’ve replaced about 6 since 2004

From about 2009 they used there brain and made the pipe so it bolts to the turbo which holds the seal in place and stops it moving

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Reading up about the 1208
It says abs communication with ecu I’d
Try to undo the block connector and look for any water ingress

The p1351 won’t cause boost issues

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I googled u1208 and the first result was from a thread you made back in 2017

It sounds like you described exactly the same issue I'm having.

I think it's just going into limp mode, I did check the turbo, it has very slight in/out movement, but no side to side and no damage the the fins.

I don't think the other code is an issue at the moment as I don't have an engine management light on for that at the moment.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Tbh I do remember it but don’t remember what rectified it. I normally do reply on posts when I find a cure

I really can’t remember if I had the egr value mapped out ( I don’t think so) but I did fit a blank maybe the egr valve is gummer up

Other then that I’m stuck as I don’t remember is so well

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, that's a shame.

I was hoping on not having the pull it apart looking for the problem.

I'll get the egr off this weekend and see what's going on with it.

Also, I'm assuming the abs is hidden down the back as I can't say I've ever spotted it before??

·
6,440 Posts
You could be being diverted from the real fault by the ABS/ESP fault being logged.

If the engine light is on it will often log a comms fault in the ABS/ESP. As there is an engine fault the engine ecu cannot be 100% that the torque and throttle information supplied to the ESP system is valid which could have a safety implication it therefore stops sending the data causing the ESP to log a comms fault and default to safe preset data.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sorry, I'm a little confused.

So the fault could be elsewhere?

I was kind of hoping that a fault code would point me in the right direction, but apparently it's just added a ton of confusion

It's strange that it does come out of limp mode after a trip on a duel carriageway.

Could a wiring fault on the throttle cause an this issue?

·
6,440 Posts
If the u code relates to communications yes there is a chance the fault is nothing to do with the abs.

I would start with the fundamentals when looking at boost issues. Check the turbo actuator works and is not jammed, check for a vacuum at the actuator. Check solenoid for vac and operation then check all boost hoses etc

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
The reason I said egr is that’s the only thing I would have cleaned and the faults been gone for over 18 months

I totally agree the fault maybe elsewhere but is super weird it seems to sort itself out halfway home then plays up again

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've spoken to an automotive electrician at work today, he said he'll look into it over the weekend.

But he's advised I dig the soldering iron out and go over the wiring.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I’d take the multi plug of the abs pump off and check.

Do you have abs light if not I’d definitely be looking at cleaning the egr valve

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I only have an esp light, I've been told to not touch anything until we can diagnose a bit further.

Took me a while to even find the abs pump, I've never known one to be so hidden

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’d take the multi plug of the abs pump off and check.

Do you have abs light if not I’d definitely be looking at cleaning the egr valve

Actually I might just wip the egr off tomorrow, do you know what kind of clap is on there at the moment?

If it's the original type I'll have to order the newer version before I start.

Also, if there is a plate in there, surly it shouldn't be filthy?

I have had the other end (inlet) of the egr system off before, and I was really impressed with how clean it was.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
It’s the standard wrap around clamp they are a pain

I did have a blank in there but I remember I dropped it changing the clutch and can’t remember if I brought another one

You should be able to see it if it’s got one as there pretty thick

1 - 20 of 34 Posts