Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am taking a bit of a liberty here but I post quite often concerning my 307 and know how good you guys are in solving problems.
My other car is a Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi110 (almost a Peugeot)
I had a fault today that I need to rectify.
I was driving home on the motorway at about 120kph and wanted to accelerate to overtake a car. At this point I had completed 1,000km of a 1,050km journey. The engine hesitated and then the ESP Light and Engine Management Light came on and the car went into limp mode. The fault message said "ESP Fault Repair Needed"
I limped to the nearest rest area, switched off the engine and then restarted it hoping that it would reset. No Joy, it was just the same. I noticed that my front nearside tyre looked a bit flat( confirmed at home at 15psi) I changed to the emergency spare and drove home in limp mode.
I have got a Peugeot Planet/Lexia interface although I have never used the Lexia. I will connect it up tomorrow to read the codes.

Is there a chance that it detected the imbalace in the wheels and put the car in limp mode as a safety issue, and if I clear the codes it will be ok. Or am I being too hopeful.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mick

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have connected to Diagbox at got the following faults:
BSI

F5FF Unexpected re-initialisation fault coming from BSI
F03D Absense of communication with the hands-freekit ecu or the nomad control unit

ENGINE ECU

P1AA2 Voltage Retaining Device
P0342 Measurement for the camshaft position
P16A3 Control unit (114118Km)
P0263 Cylinder 1 (81312Km)
P0269 Cylinder 3 (114191Km)
U0140 Intersystems CAN
P0266 Cylinder 2 (69570Km)
P1506 Intersystems CAN (115777Km)
P0271 Injector 4 Signal (115768Km) S/C between 2 wires

ABS or ESP ECU

C1391 Non confirmation of engine torque
U2000 Fault on intersystems CAN network

I brought the car with 80,000Km and it has now done 115,816Km so I would assume that the last 2 faults on Engine ECU and the ABS/ESP faults are the important ones.

I have cleared all the faults then restarted the engine. Still got Engine Management Light and ESP light.

I have run another global test and faults C1391, F03D and P0271 re-appear
I assume that the main fault is the injector 4 fault.
Any ideas please.

Mick

·
5,987 Posts
The ESP fault could be a false positive, an engine fault can trigger ESP fault as in some instances the engine going into limp mode caused ESP to be inhibited as (the fault code shows) engine ecu cannot be guaranteed to supply correct torque data so ESP may not operate correctly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Phil / Windy

Your link to fault codes is very useful.

I had come to the conclusion that injector 4 has failed and that has caused the engine torque fault which has caused the ESp light to come on.

I was concerned about the other injector faults but on consulting the EODB chart see that they are only balance faults and probably not too important.

I had resigned myself to having to replace all 4 injectors at about 200 Euros each (eBay price) but now think I may get away with one.

I am going on holiday next week so will probably leave it until I return.

How easy a job is it to replace the injectors?

Thanks
Mick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts