Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys,
I have a 55 plate (well its my wifes) 407 Zenith, have to say on the whole its a really nice car performance and economy wise, however we have had one or two problems, first one i had to replace the battery, then we got a flat no probs thinks i change it for the spare:thumb: how wrong i was the locking wheel nut had been rounded, advised to to use a hammer and socket bang it onto nut and hey presto it will come off, it snapped the head of the bolt :mad: so had to get all 4 done as the locking key was wrong size :( only cost £55 so happy with that.

Now i have the ESP/ASR Faulty light on the display i know what the ESP is but no clue what the ASR is or does :confused: any info pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers Mick

J

·
0 Posts
ESP & ASR are apparently one of the same thing.
Fault is normally either a faulty ABS sensor, or a faulty brake light switch.
If there are no ABS warnings, I would go with the brake light switch being faulty - was on mine when had the same warnings.
If you have cruise control, try switching this on with the ESP/ASR error - faulty brake switch will then bring up a speed control faulty warning too :nod:
You'll need to get it diagnosed with Planet to confirm exact root cause though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that, will need as you rightly say to get it done via planet but will try the cruise control :)

Sorry forgot to say...No ABS warnings

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if this will work but heres a pic there is a symbol on the left hand side above the line that looks like a little plug any ideas what this is?

Cheers

Mick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soooooo how do i get a pick up then??

Clicked manage attachments found my file and submitted is that all i need to do?

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts