Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, so please go easy.
My wife has ended up crawling the last mile home from work tonight complaining that her 55 plate 407's steering basically all but gave up the ghost as she went round a roundabout, the ESP/ASR warning light came on, and the car began permanently pulling hard to the right.
I'm not home but have had a look at past threads and seen the ESP/ASR warning mentioned a few times, but never seemingly in conjunction with the car pulling to the right.
Any educated guesses as to what event - or combination of events - may have gone on here?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Has she smacked a curb by any chance?
Knocked the alignment out or even bent something, and killed an ABS sensor in the hub.
I had a run in with a wanker a few months back, decided it didn't matter what side he drove on. It was either a 900 foot deep pot hole or a crash. I ended up with a broken ABS sensor. And it was oh so much fun to change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has she smacked a curb by any chance?
Knocked the alignment out or even bent something, and killed an ABS sensor in the hub.
I had a run in with a wanker a few months back, decided it didn't matter what side he drove on. It was either a 900 foot deep pot hole or a crash. I ended up with a broken ABS sensor. And it was oh so much fun to change.
You've repeated the first question I asked her! She swears not, but that means nothing...
Would knackering an ABS sensor alone account for the problem? Any ballpark idea of a price if it does prove to be that?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
ABS sensors, I bought a pair from Ebay they were about £25 inc delivery. Just a bit of a faff to change. Although not impossible. Took me about 3 hours, 2 of which were raping the old sensor out! Reasonbly easy to do though.
Best thing to do is get the car scanned. It should tell you exactly what the fault is. It may well be apparent though what is causing the ABS fault if one of the wheels is mullered :D

C

·
0 Posts
ESP / ASR fault can be the brakelight switch which is what mine was. Again only Cheap £7 from fleabay 5 min to fit under Pass Side Glove Box. As for the pulling to the right I would agree with xlineiain either she has hit something or potentially something has given way or snapped ie wishbone or something again you need to inspect that Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts