Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone need big help. On my Peugeot 207 1.6 gt come on screen esp/asr system faulty.. Don't know what to do change cable for abs sensor but still coming on please any idea.. Thank you

·
Registered
112 Posts
hi did you just get some brake work done?

if so it could be air in the system needing a reset, re bleed
or you could have broken one of the wheel sensors.

Is that the only warning lights you are getting?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You could keep playing throw parts at it bingo OR you could get the fault codes read which would then point you in the direction of where to look for the fault.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You say you changed cable for ABS sensor but there are 4 !

Have you done ANY work to car prior to this as i have a feeling you may have there are other parts of the car that can do this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I Change front both cables for abs but still on dashboard that light. Can't even turn off on button what is on dashboard ...

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Of course you cant turn it off its already turned off due to the fault !

The ESP button is for turning off the esp not turning off the light.

Any work done to steering ?
How long has the fault been there ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All ready buy this car with this light on.. I plug this on diagnostic the told me is.... Brake pressure sensor signal,,,, short circuit to ground /positive or open circuit... Permanent

·
Registered
867 Posts
Brake pedal switches are a weak point but dont think they would throw the esp light, but as we dont have esp may be worth swapping. Its a double throw switch, one side goes to the brake lights and other to the bsi.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Reading faults and throwing parts at the car rarely works you need to understand what the fault actually means and in your case it is something permanent but you will probably need a more in depth diagnostic session with live readings etc there is a lot you can check

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys one man been hire and he told me I need new abs pump. He said is this problem.. Do I need new pump or second hand and need to be reprogramming?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts