Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks looking for a bit of help,
Today I replaced all my tyres on 2204 307 and got wheel alignment done. After this was done I am receiving warning light on dash that the ESP / ASR is not functioning. The warning comes on when my speed reaches abour 25mph.

I presume that the wheel alignment has done something but what?

Steve

·
Registered
862 Posts
Crusader said:
Hi folks looking for a bit of help,
Today I replaced all my tyres on 2204 307 and got wheel alignment done. After this was done I am receiving warning light on dash that the ESP / ASR is not functioning. The warning comes on when my speed reaches abour 25mph.

I presume that the wheel alignment has done something but what?

Steve

Its possible they havent connected the sensors at one or all of the wheels,this will create an open circuit leading to the warning light coming on.Take each wheel of and look for any loose cables,its obvious if they arent plugged in.

Another possibility is a water ingress problem.Go to this website page.http://www.peugeot.mainspot.net
click on "car wiring diagrams" on the left hand plane.
on the middle plane click on "peugeot 307 complete wiring diagrams".
on the middle plane click on "brake the vehicle (ABS)"
Scroll down the page and click on 7020 or anti-lock brake control unit.
again scroll down the page and you will see the position of unit 7020 on the car.
peugeot gave no thought to the positioning of the unit. it actually gathers water, and water droplets can been seen between the connector and the unit terminals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moose,

I checked all the wiring, everything looks fine.

I went back to garage(Kwikfit) to get them to check the wheel alignment as steering wheel was slightly off centre. They redone the alignment and all seems to be fine now. Presumably there must be a sensor that picks up on the steering wheel alignment.

Steve

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mine too also display the fault, no ESP/TRAction control/ABS, turned car off and on and it disappeared, more than likely it's the alignment! I hope!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
had an esp / asr fault after new tyres and allignment. Read various threads and thought I would check to see if there was debris between the abs sensor and the back of the disc (rear) which may be causing the sensor not to read properly. Sure enough there was. popped a junior hacksaw blade between the disc and sensor to clear the toot. HEY PRESTO. Job done. No plugging into machines to work it out . Just read loads of threads and used the mechanics in my head to try a solution. Thank you everyone:lol::D:)

·
7,008 Posts
Is the steering wheel straight and only ESP warning (no ABS).

if wheel is not straight they may have miss-aligned the tracking and thrown out the steering anagle sensor alignment. Or the steering angle sensor has been reset in the past in the wrong position which requires planet or similar to reset now tracking is right.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Are the new tyres the same size as the ones beforehand?
as David says check them as mine done this soon as i had new tyres fitted

my oem alloys had 205/50/17 and the fitter put the wrong ones on 205/40/17 few mins down the road bingo the lights all came on i went back and told the boss about the fault he looked at the tyres and noticed right away wrong size got the proper size and lights went out :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steering wheel sensor on a 307

Hi guys
Anyone tell me where to find the steering wheel alignment sensor on a 2005 307hdi please.
I have fault codes
U1305 and U1105
Help please ???
Thanks
Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts