Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any usual suspects? I'm thinking abs sensor as I know they're common but I've got no abs faults/messages. Any ideas folks?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mine throws this up from time to time for a "No Communication with ESP/ESR ECU" fault from the BSI.
It only happens occasionally, and goes away after the engine is restarted.

I'm sure that's not much help, but see if there's a fault related to it coming from the BSI?

·
5,087 Posts
so whats happening, is the abs not actually working eg. you can brake hard enough to skid without the abs kicking in ??

Or are you getting a fault showing ??

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its happened a couple of times now and both times after being parked up. Basically you start the car, it does its checks, says all ok, then says ESP/ASR Faulty and keeps showing the ESP with a cross through it on the main dash display. First time i turned on and off and it went away. Today it stayed on for a couple of hours then i said to the mrs watch this and it had gone. No ABS lights or warnings which seems strange. Im worried as its taxi mot time in the next few weeks and its a failure under new mot rules

·
5,087 Posts
sounds like an abs sensor at fault, have you got snow where you are Seb??

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None at all trem. A mechanic i know has just mentioned steering angle sensor which does come up in google searches ref esp/asr but i cant find one to buy to get a price if it this. Cars going in in ten days for new front brakes, hub carrier bottom bush, fuel filter and pre mot so ill get him to have a look

D

·
0 Posts
None at all trem. A mechanic i know has just mentioned steering angle sensor which does come up in google searches ref esp/asr but i cant find one to buy to get a price if it this. Cars going in in ten days for new front brakes, hub carrier bottom bush, fuel filter and pre mot so ill get him to have a look
Steering wheel angle sensors built into com unit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts