Peugeot Forums banner

Esp /ASR fault, showing ESP 81 as a fault code

5K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Davesafety 
#1 ·
I have a 63 plate 1.6 hdi Allure, 20000 miles owned from new, esp/asr light came on slowing down in the village I live, the car went into limp mode, now showing an ecu fault on injector 3 broken wire, and an abs fault showing esp 81, possibly the Ecu fault is the vehicle going into limp mode, the faults can be cleared but the limp mode engages again when started. All lights on the car work and no other issues have previously occurred. Nearest regards to me is 50 miles away. I assume an abs sensor is the issue but have no way of identifying it. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

#2 ·
Update 1

This afternoon, the esp 81 fault code expands to C1391, I have taken a few bits off and after further examination it is apparent the the 3rd injector isn't working, swaped it with another injector to test and it definently doesn't work, I have ordered another one which I will get Monday, so I will be able to test the solution, but also will be able to see if the ESP/ASR fault clears. I will update further Monday.

Today I have learnt 2 things, because the diagnostic equipment highted two faults I dismissed the obvious and concluded the cause was either the Ecu or Abs rather than expoloring the injector fault first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.