Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My OH has a 2011 207 GT 110 HDI with 60k on the clock.
A month ago the power steering motor packed up and a new one was fitted.
Tonight just come home and says there is an ESP/ASR warning on the dash and the ESP light is on. Also it appears to be running on three cylinders and has a 'engine faulty - repair needed' message on the dash.
Any initial thoughts without reading the codes
I note that 'Stripe' mentioned on a previous thread of similar issue that has the steering been worked on recently ?
Looks like more potential expense ! Poxy modern cars.

·
7,587 Posts
I would get the codes read any significant engine fault which puts the engine light on can also trigger ESP/ABS fault or visa versa. Without the codes it would just be wild guess work

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair comment, I'll plug in my cheapo reader and see if it comes up with any codes. If not I'll try to borrow my mates Ethos scanner to see what that throws up.
Both faults were virtually simultaneous. ESP error came up first but then immediately the engine fault came up and started missing.

·
7,587 Posts
Sounds like the fault is with ABS/ESP then as the engine light came on later the engine code will be a CAN error no speed signal or similar. So you will need scanner to read ABS for faults

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, looking at a You Tube video, seems like Injector No 2 is down. Apparently a common fault on the later 1.6 HDI's . Looks a fairly simple fix. Strange that it brought up the ESP/ASR fault (or is it ?). One thing the car has done ocassionally is its slightly hesitant when pulling away, as though the throttle isn't being depressed. But then its fine. Hasnt done this for a few months until this evening, just before the injector went wrong.

·
7,587 Posts
Just don't forget injectors are numbered from gearbox end not cam belt end on peugeots

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what the guy in the video said, if the numbers tally on the old/new injectors then they don't ... but not sure on that one.

·
7,587 Posts
Likely to require coding as the later ones have specific codes which details injector performance. older ones where just had a group coding so where easier to match.

Have you checked wiring to injector etc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will check the wiring once it stops raining before going any further. So, can they be coded with something like a Snap On Ethos scanner (older model but does up to around 2013 I believe) or is it a garage job ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the air-box etc off and its had a replacement in No2 before .... my guess is some cheap Chinese shite looking at the markings on the top .. the others all look original. I think I know what NFGD could stand for !!!

These are the others ...

I've found someone on eBay who has some OE Ford injectors with the same 2nd line numbers quoted. Not cheap but I don't like reconditioned stuff or Chinese shite.

·
7,587 Posts
A good recon from a reputable company should be fine. Should be fine with the ford injector

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to round this thread off .. I bought an OE Ford injector off 'transitpartcenter' on eBay after checking numbers matched. Ordered Friday, arrive yesterday. Superb service.
Fitted the injector today, old one came out easily enough (bearing in mind it was a replacement one so hadn't been in there 10 years). All went smoothly and car is running very well. Code cleared using my cheap reader (or it cleared itself, can they do that ??). ESP/ASR light now out. Took for road test, checked for codes - none present. Job done

Found this video very useful

Thanks to those who posted, all a great help :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts