Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Chaps,
Let me start by introducing my self.
I'm Benny, and have just become a proud owner of a Peugeot 308 1.6hdi 110bhp 58 2009.the issue I'm faced with is, I brought this the other day and the morning after I got in the car and got ESP/ASR fault and ABS fault, the car drive fine so not too worried atm, since then I have noticed that sometimes when applying the hand brake the handbrake light can flicker or not come on at all, when I start the car both ESP and ABS fault will appear then go out when I pull off for a few minutes at most but during this time the brakes judder and if I'm driving on loose gravel and when the faults appear it brakes faultlessly. I haven't had a Peugeot for a few years now but I know you need a specific scanner for these which I don't have or no anyone that's has , but I plugged in my cheapo one (eBay special)on the off chance and it came up with P1351 which is something to be with glow plug heater circuit, but it being a Peugeot and a cheap OBDII could have missed read the code.
I have looked over this forum but can't seem to find anyone with the same issues I'm facing, I have tested the brake switch with a multi meter on continuity and it works fine.
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,
First the ESP/ASR fault and ABS fault can all be related to the same problem,you can take off each wheel and have a good look at the speed sensor and abs ring to check they are ok,replace if dodgy or corroded.When the fault appears the ABS pump doesn't work but you still have brakes,this would need to be checked with PP2000 (peugeot diagnostics tool).The P1351 is to do with the Glow plugs,which are at the back of the engine and it's best practice to change all 4,one plug out will through up this code.Both faults won't stop the car running but are MOT failures

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply Phil,
I have had the wheels off this afternoon, god knows who put them on but when you have to bounce on your breaker bar to crack every nut I think they went about over kill on tightening them.
All seemed fine untill I reached front drivers side wheel I took the wheel off, put full left lock on for better visibility and access and noticed it was all covered in grease from the CV joint, the CV boot tie has snapped causing the grease to go on the sensor and ABS ring I haven't rectified this yet as I'm got to see if it's covered under the warranty with the garage tomorrow as dirt and grim could have got in to the CV joint, but would this issue also cause the handbrake light to be dicky too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently had my 2009 308 2.0 HDi in the Peugeot garage for a series of fault codes, P1404, P1607, U0103, P0342, P0341 and P1351.

It turned out they replaced the 'crankshaft angle sensor' and reset everything parameters etc. The cars been working fine ever since.

Don't know if that helps or not, but good luck anyway.

I wish someone would tell us which code readers that don't cost a fortune, are best for our vehicles. I don't mind spending maybe 300 quid as long as it works reasonably well. I'm prepared to get the dealership to do the more difficult faults.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cloverdale,
PP2000 is the diagnostic tool for peugeot's can be brought for around £50.- £60. All you do is download VMWare to your laptop (i'm using win 10) and install the software to VMWare and it runs on win xp (on disc supplied with pp2000.VMWare is a virtual media player)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I'd seen the PP2000 on line and also use VMWare for my Iveco campervan. But for the Peugeot I was really looking for a stand alone scanner to have in the vehicle all the time just in case of breakdown. I wouldn't even mind spending quite a bit more than the PP2000 providing it works well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently had my 2009 308 2.0 HDi in the Peugeot garage for a series of fault codes, P1404, P1607, U0103, P0342, P0341 and P1351.

It turned out they replaced the 'crankshaft angle sensor' and reset everything parameters etc. The cars been working fine ever since.

Don't know if that helps or not, but good luck anyway.

I wish someone would tell us which code readers that don't cost a fortune, are best for our vehicles. I don't mind spending maybe 300 quid as long as it works reasonably well. I'm prepared to get the dealership to do the more difficult faults.
Hi, I've been having the same intermittent ABS/ESP light on situation.
I followed advice in another forum section here and "removed and re-fitted" the 'break light sensor', which seem to solve the warning light coming on for a while. I still have breaks when the light comes on, switching ignition OFF & ON also makes the light dissapear, sometimes. When the light is ON my cruise control also NOT working??

Where would I go looking for the 'crankshaft angle sensor' and what was your repair cost involved?

Kind regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my issue has been sorted now i got in contact with the dealer they he used his scanner on it and turned out to be the rear offside ABS ring and sensor they replaced both sensor and ring as well as sorting the issue with the cv boot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I've been having the same intermittent ABS/ESP light on situation.
I followed advice in another forum section here and "removed and re-fitted" the 'break light sensor', which seem to solve the warning light coming on for a while. I still have breaks when the light comes on, switching ignition OFF & ON also makes the light dissapear, sometimes. When the light is ON my cruise control also NOT working??

Where would I go looking for the 'crankshaft angle sensor' and what was your repair cost involved?

Kind regards
crankshaft angle sensor wouldn't affect your ABS/ESP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts