Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this message when i do 70 mph. Is this due to me having my dpf removed? Is there any way of programming the ecu not look for the dpf so i dont get this message?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2.0 hdi. I know a mechanic who took it off, opened it up and just chiselled the dpf out so it was hollow basically. I thought it might affect the emissions but it passed the mot last week.

J

·
0 Posts
Were any changes to the software made to tell the car that the DPF has gone?

J

·
0 Posts
Yes, the ECU needs telling the DPF isn't there anymore, and the software also needs modifying/re-writing so the car knows not to try and regen..... you've only had half a job done there my friend :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive been looking to get a diagnostic but was told the pp2000 might not work on my car as its a 2002 model. Will it? Or is there any that will definately work?

J

·
0 Posts
Bettyswollocks can probably confirm better as he has done loads of them.... but I would think it would work. PP2000 won't modify the software though... it will only tell the ECU the filter isn't there, but won't stop it trying to regen.

J

·
0 Posts
The software/program from the engine ECU needs downloading, then modifying by someone who knows how to write/modify the program/map and then download it back to the ECU.... it definitely needs someone who knows what they are doing with it, or else your car could end up a lot worse :nod:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Sorry just catching up on this now -

i have turned off DPF with Planet on a 407 , its being used as a Taxi and has had no warnings as off 2 months ,

i expect it to flag up a warning at some stage , dpf has been removed from exhaust,

you really need the engine ecu remapped to remove all traces of dpf.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts