·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
: :confused: HI all hope somebody can help me before I pull all my hair out
I have a 2002 Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDi
I keep on having the same problem.
I have had my tank refilled but the engine management light is still coming on
ESP light comes on and this limits the car and it just won’t pick up speed!!
All the faults I get are

• diesel additive minimum level
• unblock diesel filter
• ESP/Antipollution fault

it looks like a bloody christmas tree on the dash bord

Any idea how much to get it sorted :help:

G

·
Did you have it filled up by a dealer or did you do it yourself?

I beleive the FAP additive tank doesnt have a level sensor, it works by knowing when its filled then recording how much it uses

therefore if you have had it refilled but not had the level reset, the ECU still thinks its empty and wont start dosing again! So you need to get the counter reset, not sure if an independent garage can do this?

bloody glad i got the 90 that doesnt have the FAP system, sounds like a nightmare! :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ESP-Antipollution fault-unblock diesel filter-diesel additive

thank you for your help
i have just called a car mechanic
to come reset the ECU
fore £35.00
if that don't work then i will go to main dealer and pay mad money
Peugeot said it will cost around £400/£800 without looking :mad:

G

·
Its also worth noting that once the level has reset you have to take it on a good drive to force the FAP to start regeneration

10/15 mins on a dual carriageway (as long as its 40+) should give it enough chance to do this

Then its fingers crossed that the FAP filter doesnt need replacing, have heard thats top coin to have replaced!! :thumb:

edit: am also sure you have to fill up at least 10 litres of fuel, as there is also a sensor on the fuel cap? (dont quote me on that one though!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool Stubbo

It works, took it for a long run (100 miles) and the ESP gone off. I did 40miles and stopped for a *** and when I started the car again it went off and I got over 3000rpm finally :) and 90 mph hope it will never come back
But the diesel additive minimum level and engine management light is still coming on and off when driving

1 - 5 of 5 Posts