Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
Yesterday whilst driving home my engine manangement light and esp light came on with warnings - can anyone help why this has happened as i have removed the dpf filter so the blockage of the filter cannot be the reason - Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything normal for this to happen?? what could it be? has this happen to anyone before?

·
Registered
72 Posts
this can happen at any time weather the car is new or old. you need diagnostics done for any 1 to be able to pin point your problem.
where r u from

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i take it when you have removed the DPF you got the car properly remapped to take in account removal.

also by ESP i suspect you mean the Electronic Stabability Program (to do with brakes) if so its down to the sensors.

307 is notorious for the sensors to be moved by corrosion giving errors. this is normally restricted to the rear sets.

but as paul has mentioned get a diag done, before you go chucking money at it.:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
ESP, management light, dpf, squeeks...etc

HI i bought my 1st 307 hdi estate 2002 diesel 110 on march 15 2011, well it had the engine management light on and esp and it had dpf problems i bought it anyway as it was a lil cheaper with the faults, then i had a new dpf filter fitted at a cost of £816 inc vat labour etc and the management light was gone as they sorted the ecu part...

then i took it back to garage recently to have a ball joint replaced on passenger side and had the brakes cleaned, and they replaced 1 sensor so now all was ok at a further cost of £305, but the dpf filter keeps saying "faulty" on the dash! so il rebook it for the prob, also this is the tricky bit my garage isnt sure of...
the car keeps going through drive belts, as its very uneven when car is running, i recently put a new belt on and its still squeeking and ruff, the belt is jumping, as the garage says the automatic tensioner could be no good?
i looked on net and because i get a constant vibration through the clutch pedal, they said it could be the clutch tension pulley is no good! bit is it that???

so to be honest im really getting fed up of peugeot and this is my 1st peugeot!!!

do i get another old ford mondeo that goes on forever with very little garage costs?

id be greatful with any help from ppl on this one many thanks in advance.
:mad:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
from buying a car with faults present on it was asking for it basically. but anyways dealers are known to be the best people to fix DPF issues. may cost a bit but it will get sorted. there is another route and that is to get the DPF removed and your car remapped...this will then prevent the fault from ever re-occuring.

as for the clutch vibration, if its only slight this is normal, but if its excessive then maybe you have an issue there. is there any noise when pressing the clutch pedal?

for the drive belt i would strip the car down and look to see if there are any pullys that are begining to seize...such as the aircon, the auto tensioner...etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
noisy belt

:mad:Hi thanks for reply...
well the vibration wasnt there when i first bought the car, it started a few weeks ago its a constand vibration from the clutch pedal only when i press my foot on the peddle a little bit, and its there from when i press it a little and there when my foot is right down, could it be the clutch pulley? if so is it easy to change?
also the wheels all turn easily as i checked that myself when i replaced the belt recently and the problem was there before i changed the belt, and its still there even with the new belt...
i think il take it to peugeot for a free estimate, then take it to a local garage to get the work done cheaper...
mot is due next month ...ouch lol
thanks for help so far...more needed pls

hi all, well just to update you....ive been researching the net into my problems...its aiming now at the dual flywheel, as its only supposed to last 5 years, and after going through all the paperwork for the car it had a new flywheel and clutch kit fitted 20 april 2006 the mileage was 67k, well its def ready for a change and mileage now is 138k, its so loud!!! but only upto 40mph over that the car drives silently (motorway especially), but town driving turns a few heads lol its like im trailing the exhaust on the ground.

also new cambelt needed next month for mot due 28 july...
:mad:

well im determined to get this car up and running successfully...but at what price do i stop!? lol
my next car will def be...ford.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello and thanks for all the replies, I have taken the car to the garage and it seems to be a problem with the BSI (Well he thinks this is the problem). It also sets my rear wiper off when i unlock my car. I did a BSI reset and my car didnt start,lol after a few attempts it started but the engine management light and ESP still come on now and then, there are periods where the car is normal for 1/2 hour then the lights come back on - i am going to get a second hand BSI unit and the garage man says he will reprogramme this to cure the problem, i dunno if it will work but ill let you guys know - Any thoughts on the?? Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts