Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then fellas, happy Saturday :)

Got an issue with my 407 (2.0 Petrol, '05 plate). The dash is reporting ABS and ESP not working (no further explanation in the faults list via the menu), and usually flags this up after about a minute of driving, though it isn't showing 100% of the time.

I was wondering if it was relating to brakes, and wasn't too worried about it. This afternoon, however, after 30 seconds, I had two nasty sudden shudders caused by what felt like a loss of power, and then both errors popped up almost immediately. Hasn't happened since, and the errors haven't reappeared either (although they were there until I switched off at the end of that particular journey.

Anyone had this before? Any ideas what is at fault?

Cheers

Jacky

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
This can be a symptom of the underbonnet fusebox malfunction we had a 407 petrol that randomly cut out for 3 seconds or so then fired up again also had ESP/ABS fault flash up for no reason replaced fusebox and all was fine again but fusebox is £140 !!

Check all the earths next to battery first for rot and bad connections though as this can also cause it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, worth a look when it gets light again. Was that one getting the error message frequently as well or was it just a one off?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
It got the esp/abs one constantly only occasionally was it error free :)

Sometimes got a steering one too

Cutting out was very random but owner was so fed up he just left it with us took us 2 weeks of use before it finally cut out for us but once it did we tried a good used fusebox in it and it seemed fine owner insisted on a new fusebox and its been fine since .

We had already checked all the earths first though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In case anyone else has this issue - I got this looked at over Christmas and it turned out to be the sensor, which can be caused by bearing problems (which was the case here).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts