Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I have an "05" plate 407 sw 2.0hdi. which has had an esp/abs warning light on for months now. The car has been known to "judder" for a split second which I believe to be the engine trying to cut out (unsucessfully as this usually happens at around 60-70 mph). However on monday whilst pulling up at a junction after leaving the motorway minutes after a "judder" the engine just cut out refusing even to turn over let alone start. The car did start again after sitting for a while. I have heard mention of a valve associated with the brakes that has been known to cut the engine, is this correct? any ideas??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, like you I've picked up this problem on my '57' SW 2.0 HDi Sport (nearly 60k miles).
First appeared yesterday, but after engine was switched off for about an hour, it cleared and never came back that day.
Today, on my way home from the west country, the 'ESP/ASR system faulty' indicator came up on my RT4 system. Then my sat nav died. I rebooted the system, and the satnav started working, but the ESP system didn't. It didn't clear after the engine had been off for a while.
No noticeble loss of power, but it now idles at 1300 rpm, unless I put my foot on the brakes, in which case it idles at 800 rpm.
I'll book it into the garage ASAP, and let you know how I get on.

Hope to get some answers....

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Follow up

Just thought I'd post an update on this.
My car went into the dealership on Wednesday, and they said it was probably a sensor. When I returned that evening, they said that the pumps needed replacing on the ABS, and that they needed to keep it until the Friday. Friday I recieved a call informing me that they had sorted the pumps out, but Peugeot recommend replacing the wiring loom for the ABS system as well. That's good, cover all bases, you may think. Also, it seems that Peugeot are aware of this problem. But, they have said that it needs to come from Peugeot France, and they have been quoted SEVEN WORKING DAYS until the part gets delivered. Earliest I can expect it back is w/c 23rd Nov.
At least they managed to put me in a courtesy car!!

Wondering on a car just two years old, this sort of thing should happen at all! Will I get a new Peugeot next year??? Depends if they sort the problem and it's the only issue I have....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts