Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... I'm new here so hope I'm following the right procedure...
I've recently bought a 2006 407 SW 2.0 HDI...lovely car...but the ESP and ABS warning lights keep coming on intermittently.....I'm totally lost as to what the problem might be...and my local Peugeot dealer wants me to get another mortgage sorted out before he will even look at it...so I'm asking for some guidance please guys...
Thanks .terry

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi Guys... I'm new here so hope I'm following the right procedure...
I've recently bought a 2006 407 SW 2.0 HDI...lovely car...but the ESP and ABS warning lights keep coming on intermittently.....I'm totally lost as to what the problem might be...and my local Peugeot dealer wants me to get another mortgage sorted out before he will even look at it...so I'm asking for some guidance please guys...
Thanks .terry
have a good read here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi trustme.....thanks for the heads up...I was wondering about the 'Planet thing' that I keep seeing being mentioned....sounds well worth the outlay...
Thanks again anyway
terry..

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club :D

The problem is that the ESP/ABS problem could be many things, ABS sensor, broken ring, steering angle sensor etc etc, so a diagnostic with PP2000 ( which is what Peugeot dealers use.. ) by a local member in exchange for cider tokens is the best step, and should pin-point the fault.

First you need to go here;
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/index218.html

Post anything you wish until you reach 20 posts

Then go here
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=54.265224,-3.383789&spn=10.238651,28.54248&msa=0&mid=zWo6S8V8_aAo.kmA902W5aW7Y
and search the Planet map for forum users in your area.

Then PM the nearest planet guru for a diagnostic.

Hope this helps,

Kelv.

C

·
0 Posts
More than likely a dodgy abs sensor, usually a £30-40ish part, cheaper can be found on eBay but some have said quality ain't there.
If your good with spanners they ain't hard to do, rears require lowering fuel tank slightly and fronts usually require drilling out.
Diagnostic needed to find fault is defo sensor and which corner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi Kelv...that's great...I just need to remember all this...lol...I don't think it will take me long to get to 20 posts.....
Cheers ..terry

·
5,087 Posts
put your location in your profile, someone might be very close with planet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi jagn..thanks for the info...I'll take a look in the morning...probably wont be cheep though...I'll bet...
Thanks again
Terry

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I may hijack this because it's relevant to the thread (I came here via search so it's likely others would...)

My local garage has a snap-on reader which said NSR ABS sensor is the fault.

How reliable is this likely to be compared to the Planet kit? Is it hard to clean the sensors yourself - would I need to drop the fuel tank to do it? If not, I'll try cleaning them all first and if that doesn't work then I'll replace the one showing as a fault.

If it's still screwed after that then I guess I'd need the Peugeot planet thing. Does this sound like a sensible plan?

thanks
Matt

C

·
0 Posts
The diagnostic will probably be right, don't recall anyone cleaning a sensor on a 407 and it sorting the fault, 407's don't seem to suffer misalignment like 307's.
Tank will only need lowering when replacing the sensor.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If I may hijack this because it's relevant to the thread (I came here via search so it's likely others would...)

My local garage has a snap-on reader which said NSR ABS sensor is the fault.

How reliable is this likely to be compared to the Planet kit? Is it hard to clean the sensors yourself - would I need to drop the fuel tank to do it? If not, I'll try cleaning them all first and if that doesn't work then I'll replace the one showing as a fault.

If it's still screwed after that then I guess I'd need the Peugeot planet thing. Does this sound like a sensible plan?

thanks
Matt
I think the ABS sensor fault could be one of two things 1 the ABS sensor is actually broken or 2 the sensor is to far from the Reluctor ring or the reluctor ring is rusty and flaky with rust Must be worth a look as for doing the Job not sure about dropping tank etc

·
5,087 Posts
Just replace the sensor,I tried to clean them on my first 407 but it didn't work. For the cost its easier to just change the sensor, if your selling soon might be worth doing both rears and use as a selling point

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just replace the sensor,I tried to clean them on my first 407 but it didn't work. For the cost its easier to just change the sensor, if your selling soon might be worth doing both rears and use as a selling point

Will do, cheers buddy. Let me know if you want to buy a car :p

Matt

·
5,087 Posts
I'm on my third 407 now so you never know !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm on my third 407 now so you never know !!

2.2 170 diesel Sport, electric everything, 80k or so on the clock, it'll have 12 months MOT and two new front tyres! Leather seats, cruise control, panoramic sunroof and it'll have a brand new key/fob when I get round to it/work out how to do it most cost effectively.

Genuine reason for sale too - got a promotion and it comes with a company car so unfortunately Penny has to go!

You know you want to ;)

http://imgur.com/A0s8ejx

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
2.2 170 diesel Sport, electric everything, 80k or so on the clock, it'll have 12 months MOT and two new front tyres! Leather seats, cruise control, panoramic sunroof and it'll have a brand new key/fob when I get round to it/work out how to do it most cost effectively.

Genuine reason for sale too - got a promotion and it comes with a company car so unfortunately Penny has to go!

You know you want to ;)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
I would buy another Pug at the drop of a hat :D but it would need seven seats to replace my 307 SW :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts