Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,
I have pug 407 2ltr diesel 05 plate.I have abs/esp lights on. Had diagnostic done and error codes are as follow
5325 Wheel-Speed sensor rear left (opencircuit/shortcircuit)
5335 Wheel-speed Sensor rear right (open circuit/shortcircuit)
Can please any of you shed some light on this that what should i do .I got this diagnostic done and I am not going back to same garage because i know they are just rip off.Any guidance if i can buy the required sensors myself and they what should i really do when taking it to mechanic.also if they get changed will i require diagnostic test again to reset all this??.please give as much details as possible .
Regards,
Aboo

J

·
0 Posts
I think I'm right in saying once the sensors are replaced, the fault should normally go off on its own, if not, then it needs Planet again.
It might be worth finding a method for testing them - someone may have the readings for resistance to check them against before replacing both of them.
Its not a 5 minute job to change them as they are connected above the fuel tank, but others on here have done it without completely lowering the tank :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
done eps abs

ok yesterday i got it fixed
my car was showing rear abs wheel speed sensor open circuit short circuit both leftand right
bought sensor online for £32
labour £50 all done light turned off it self

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the ABS/ESP lights come up on the dash the other day when I first started up my 407 SW, but they later went out.
They have not come on again since.

However, the braking is very poor and the disks/pads are all in a very good condition on all 4 corners as they were only changed 3 months ago.

I contacted the dealers and they reckoned it's a faulty senor/s and the the ABS is now disabled? (Hence new replacement of sensor/s)
Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Lee

C

·
0 Posts
Brakes should be as normal, just no abs or traction control.

I've driven for best part of a year with faulty sensor and not noticed any difference in braking performance.

Abs sensor is most common fault but may also be brake switch, it would be worth getting it hooked up to planet before giving your wallet to the dealers.

Cris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts