Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is John the Foot, my wife Jane drives a 1.6 HDI, for the the last few weeks she has had a problem with the alarm going off whilst driving around our home town. Horn lights etc, all going off, to stop it she has had to keep depressing the horn push sharply several times to deactivate it. Saturday night at very early o clock I had to go out and disconnect the battery as no matter what I done it would'nt stop the whole alarm system from operating, much to the disgust of many neighbours. Any one got any brilliant idea's please.:confused: This was the first time it had gone off whilst stationary.

S

·
0 Posts
Thats a strange one!?

Has it happened again since the battery was disconnected?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello bettyswollocks, yes to both until I moved it and disconnected the battery the other evening, ain't moved it since till this evening when I got home from work. Connected battery, started engine and moved forward a cars length & the horn started again,stopped it with a sharp tap on horn push. Stopped engine disconnected battery & came in doors for tea.:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
The rain water somehow got into the back of my dash through the soundproofing material, if you take it to peugeot there is a "flash" out about it , they are meant to put in a little piece ot tubing to let the water away if you know the dealers they should just cut a piece out instead (the tube blocks) when everthing drys out it goes back to normal,
i`m not saying this is your problem but it`s an idea!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply,I shall have a look into this tomorrow. I have just found out from one of our engineers at work that he has a friend that works at the peugeot main dealership not to far away from me, so that looks like a bonus.In fact I'm gonna go out & see if there's any dampness anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts