Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. This is my first post so i will try to make some sense.
I have a 307 from 2003 2.0 hdi 110bhp. Couple of weeks ago i had an error "diesel aditive minimum level". 1 week later one more message "unblock diesel filter". As well my engine light shows up when i start the car. Sometimes the light goes out and sometimes it stays on. And i can fell that sometimes the turbo doesn't start.
3 days ago i've been to mechanic . he said he changed the diesel fuel filter and changed my oil. But again, yesterday i got does messages on my dash. And the car feels the same.
So.... Is it the turbo? Is it the diesel filter?
I dont really trust my mechanic so i am asking here for more accuracy.
Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The error refers to the diesel particulate filter in the exhaust which you will find after the cat.

The turbo is not spooling because the filter is blocked.

Do a search on this forum you'll find its covered lots.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
No additive fluid means the DPF won't regenerate and get blocked causing extra strain on the exhaust system including the turbo. You may have to remove the DPF and jetwash it if it is totally blocked then refit it when clean. The additive will need re-filling and the additive counters will need to be reset using the Peugeot diagnostics.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, now that i know what to do i have to find someone to do it. Unfortunately i couldn't find anyone on the map in my area. Anyone arround littlehampton Brighton or Portsmouth? As well does anyone has a clue how much will it cost?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get it done tomorrow. Thank you guys. I think I shall stick around for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts